rolling forward in staging lanes, why?

It DOES sound as if your clutch is not fully disengaging. If you have some adjustment in there, try staging in an empty parking lot and udjusting your cable to see if you affect some sort of difference on it.

• Sponsors (?)

I have had the same situation back at a track I raced in NC. I had raced 3 other cars at this track and I built up a new drag car to run there. It had drum brakes on it and after I'd do my burn out and stage it would roll back out of the lights. I had to hold the line lock to hold it in the beam. The track must have had a slight drop where my tires would be or the track was actually up hill to some degree at the starting line. I guess with the drum brakes the shoes had no contact with the drum like the pads did with disc brakes on my 3 other cars and the car rolled so free that it would roll out.

I'd say if you have no clutch problems get a line lock and that will make it work great. It is another thing you have to keep up with on the start, letting go of the button, but after a few times it becomes natural to do. :nice:

maverick0716 said:
They should allow you to go around the water box....they do at the track I go to.

there's no way to do that at this track, unless you're on a motorcycle or something :shrug: , and you guys kinda act like i do it on purpose, i dont mean to track water, either way there's a million ricers who do it 10 times worse, i'll look into adjusting the clutch cable

Someone asked, but I didnt see mention as to whther or not it rolls on flat ground other than the track. I only have two recommendations: check over your car to rule that out(or fix it if thats the problem). If your car isnt the problem and you plan on drag racing regularly, a line lock wouldnt be a bad investment.

BTW, which track?

65ShelbyClone said:
Someone asked, but I didnt see mention as to whther or not it rolls on flat ground other than the track. I only have two recommendations: check over your car to rule that out(or fix it if thats the problem). If your car isnt the problem and you plan on drag racing regularly, a line lock wouldnt be a bad investment.

BTW, which track?

havent really noticed it on the street, i've talked to other people at the track and i seem to be one of the only ones with the problem, i plan on going a couple times a month, and its irwindale (1/8th mile) a friend told me he'd help me with the line lock, so i'll invest in one soon, afterall i'm getting the mickey t's on friday :banana: