Roof supports?

Has anyone ever removed their headliner and noticed what's under there? Mine has nothing under it and I think I'm missing something. If I go through a carwash it sounds like someone is bending thin sheet metal. I'm wondering if there's some sort of roof supports that are missing in mine.

• Sponsors (?)

Give us a pic of your roof.
i have a sunroof car so mine has a different inner roof structure but that said I believe there is a roof brace, but not sure, I know there is a piece of insulation that is supposed to be stuck to the roof skin but they become unstuck after years of heat cycles and often is tossed if the headliner is removed. Most stuff like hood/trunk lids and roof skins with a frame structure have places where a gob of what I think is some type of seam sealer that helps to hold the skin to the framework and will in time harden and fail.

And braces along the sides of the roof, and in the front. But yeah, you need to add insulation if you want to get rid of that sound when anything hits the roof.

Most cars are like that. All the support is along the edges and pillars and the main roof is mostly think sheet metal and one or two supports across.

We need a pic. I've seen the underside of a fox roof plenty of times but don't have a pic to show

I had my headliner our recently and I think there is only one brace in the middle where the dome light mounts too, like 93SSP said. Dynamat would solve your “tin can” sound.

I thought I had a pic of it, guess not.

Reactions: 1 user
I did have a pic.

3BB565EF-3932-4D85-B29B-22D367438493.png

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user