Rough idle fixed!

Shiloh93

May 6, 2018
GA
Ok so to start out I bought a 2013 with 60k miles that had a ghost cam tune and the owner did not leave the tuning device in the car. So I took it too ford and told them to set the car to stock so I could program it with my device. The car ran like crap (expected) because I have a Boss Intake manifold, And a JLT intake.

Got home and got Bama to send me a custom tune. Car ran fine but it would rough idle for about 10 seconds and almost stall . Check engine light would flash and got P300 and P308. So I data logged for Bama and they said nothing was wrong with the tune and it looked like I had a vacuum leak. I pulled my hair out replacing plugs, swapping coils, cleaning throttle body, MAF sensor, and couldn’t figure anything out.

I finally decided to change tunes. I went with Lund and it fixed the idle right away! The only thing I don’t want to blame on Bama is I didn’t tell them it had the track package on the car, which I don’t think would make a difference since it only has to do with suspension and different gear ratios, but I don’t want to make assumptions. What I can say though Lund tune fixed it and I’ve read another thread where someone had the same issue with their Bama tune and they had success with changing tunes. Bama did try to work with me but they couldn’t come to a conclusion, and said it was something on my end.

• Sponsors (?)

So my rough idle was fixed but now I still have a running lean code . p2195 bank 1 lean, p2197 bank 2 lean. So I looked for intake leaks forever. Finals found one by spraying starting fluid where the injector goes down into the intake manifold, so I go and break down the intake and sure enough a injector oring was missing. Went ahead and replaced the intake gaskets and all injector orings and cleared codes. car started up and idled perfect, no cel and went for a ride. Turned the AC on and got the CEL again. I’m gonna pull the codes tomorrow but this has happened twice when the ac was turned on.