RPMS drop to 0 while driving sometimes??? Help before hurrican Wilma strikes

I've got most of the problems worked out but now (before I swaped pumps) the car will drop rpms while cruising to zero. It happens for a few seconds then comes back to life to it's own. I ran codes via the wire trick and code 111 is all I get which is system passed. Could my PIP stator/halls effect getting ready to leave me on the ide of the road. I want my car to be able to leave up north if this hurrican strikes my area and not have to worry about be stranded. I did a search on here and corral but nothing came up and helpd is welcome or idea let me hear/read them :Teh-Win:

• Sponsors (?)

Damn I dont know what to tell you wish I could help you out but since I cant I'll just bump your thread for you. Good luck in getting it all worked out before Wilma donkey punches Southern FL.

Mine did the samething just at a stop light. RPMs went to zero then i freaked gave a blip of the throttle and they came back up. I replaced the alternator. Hasn't done it since. Check the battery first since they are cheaper to replace or just charge it. Good luck

It did again on my way to discount auto to run codes and again system passed both KOEO/KOER. This time I was at a light when it did it, I cleared all codes and currently have the neg batt discounected to reset the puter. I should have done that after I swaped out the ACT sensor but I hope this fixes it cause I'm all out of ideas :(. Oh I also discounected the TPS while the car was runnig and it stayed on, actually I discounected both sensors on the TB and it stayed running.

MIne did something simliar. I just pushed on the acutaly gauge cluster it self, towards the front of the car, and strangely enough it fixed the problem. While installing my autometer tach, I Had the gauge cluster out and noticed that the wiring harnesses were a little dirty, so i cleaned them up and now no problems. It might be worth a try.

wytstang: im just getting over some similar problems. i bought a new coil and dizzy from mallory thinking one of those parts was the problem. i also got a new ignition module. unfortunatly none of those things really did much for my car. i would be driving along and wham, its like i hit a brick wall. the car would still be on but diesling at like 200rpm or less. i also have new wires and plugs. i dont know, it could have been my mallory box- a hifire digital #685.
i gave up and had the thing towed to a shop, i put it in their hands and they get the headaches - only now i get stuck with a bill grrrrr.
either way good luck, it does sound like you have a bad coil. i didnt mind replacing mine- even if it wasnt broken the stocker was 10 yrs old.

-fawcett

Well I just got back from a 1 hour joy ride to see if all it needed was the puter to be reset. Well it looks as if that's it...it never shut off it drove like a champ. I guess after switching the ACT sensor it keep the symtoms but not the code. Looks like she's ready to rip and dip before Wilma chooses it's path that deserves the SUPER DANCE
1685122superdance.gif

Attachments

• 1685122superdance.gif
    1685122superdance.gif
    254.3 KB · Views: 225
Wilma...:Damnit: I'm heading to Cancun next Saturday...If there's anything to go to..Its not looking good at the moment:nonono:
Thank God the wife got insurance on the airplane tickets....:nice:

wytstang said:
I'll know Saturday night what me and the family are doing. I wouldn't leave my folks here to fend for them selves in case this is another Andrew situation . I'd stay for my own peace of mind...

I hear ya there brother, gotta put family first :nice: No matter what happens man, you and your family stay safe!