Running ignition wires for turboswap directly to Comp. insteadof using factory wiring

The engine just will not run with the spout connector in and misses with it out, and I am getting an erratic PIP code in constant memory. New distributor, New Coil, New TFI, New ECM so wiring has got to be wrong. I am planning on running wires directly from the TFI to the computer, the only wire that goes to the TFI that does not go to the computer is the red/lt grn wire. Where should I hook this one too? I know it gets spliced into and run to the positive side of the coil but where else should it go? Thanks Stinger!

• Sponsors (?)

honestly... Go to the junkyard and get a Engine harness from a mustang, Repin it, and try that, running wires directly to the computer is going to be a royal pain, and shouldnt be needed, Something is wrong with your harness, or the way is pinned.

Dr.

Honestly, I'd have to dig out the diagrams again and check. I'll assume that the one that goes to the coil isn't one of the sig returns (as there are like 20 sig return wires). As for why they don't run to the ECU...they do...they all terminate into one wire "block" in the harness, then a single wire goes to the ECU.

nicklats: Most likely it's because the above mentioned wires are not all tied together which is causing an open ground for the sensors.

I twisted/soldered all the red/green wires together when I removed the coil pack plugs and wiring. No ignition problems yet. :nice:

I have like three DP/DIS ignition harnesses lying around; I was collecting them for a while in case I screwed something up on my main one. PM me if you want one.

Brian