Running/starting/stalling issue.

Alright, I'm new here. Any input on my issue would be appreciated.

So I bought a 95 mustang GT 5.0 5 speed a few months ago. I'm having an issue with it. Sometimes for a week straight it will start and run perfectly fine then all of a sudden, while driving, It will completely shut down. Will not start back up, sometimes if i wait 20 minutes or so it will turn over, sometimes it wont, then will not run for a few days and then fine again. I have brought it to 2 mechanics and replace 700 dollars in parts and it's not fixed. When i goto turn the key the "check engine light" will turn on while trying to start it, when it does decide to start i will not see that light when turning the key. One mechanic is telling me that no codes have been pulled, leading him to believe it has something to do with the anti theft system. I hear this is a fairly common issue but nobody seems to have the answer for me as to how to fix the problem and not have to worry about it. Also, sometimes when it wont start and I hook jumper cables up to it, it'll turn over. Already replaced the battery, ignition switch, ignition lock, ecu, new wires, plugs, dist. Cap and rotor, cylinoid, and many others. PLEASE HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

Lets clear some thing up so we can get you looking in the right direction.
is the engine cranking over but not starting up or is the starter not cranking the engine.
You can start here (see what I did :jester: ):
94-5 specific stuff is highlighted, follow it step by step, don't skip around.

Reactions: 1 user
Lets clear some thing up so we can get you looking in the right direction.
is the engine cranking over but not starting up or is the starter not cranking the engine.
You can start here (see what I did :jester: ):
94-5 specific stuff is highlighted, follow it step by step, don't skip around.
Yes it cranks everytime when I try to start it. When it starts fine it will not show the check engine light, when it's not going to turn over the check engine light will turn on while cranking it..

Yes it cranks everytime when I try to start it. When it starts fine it will not show the check engine light, when it's not going to turn over the check engine light will turn on while cranking it..
The mechanic I brought it to had brought in 2 car electrical guys and they said the wiring was all good. The only thing they could come up with was it had to be something "alarm system" related which they would not touch. Like I said there were no codes popping up either.

Show a pic of the key.
Does it have a aftermarket alarm ?
I think anti theft was an option on 94-5 models, the controller in in the trunk on the drivers side behind the trim, there is a bracket, one side has the keyless entry module and the other side has the anti theft module, anyway you should have a 'theft' light on the dash.
Your mechanic likely is not versed on older stangs, he may have used his scanner on the obd port inside the car, 94-5 still had the diagnostic port under the hood but also had the port inside under the dash, scanner will not read that one.
Go through the list.