Running wires to the trunk...

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Do I need to take the back seat out? I want to run wires for my subs, but I can't fish them through. I've torn the entire trunk lining out, and took the rear driver side panel off. But I couldn't find anywhere to run them through. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I can get them ran behind that panel. I just can't get them through that area where the convertible pump is. I can't find a place to run the wire cus it's so stinkin small in there. I know it can be done, I just can't figure out where a hole is or anything.

I don't think you can either. Just remove the two plastic covers (b-pillar), top section of the rear seat, and you are done.

There are two screws, one on each side, on the bottom.

Once the panels and screws are removed, pull straight up (to slide top brackets out), then pull towards you, then down (to clear middle bracket), then towards you again. That should free the three metal brackets.
Scott

i just went through redoing all the wiring for my stereo because the guy who installed it before i got the car made a mockery of it. you should have seen the rat's nest.

like mo said, it's easy to take the rear seat out.

in these pics, the blue is the power feed for the subwoofwer amp. the speaker feed is on the other side but you can't see it.

the white things in the front are where you push to release the bottom part.

there is a bracket in the upper seat that rests in that rectangular opening in the middle (above the pump for the top).
DSCF0513.JPG

the little brown spot between the blue power line and the seat belt are where the bolts mo was talking about are.
DSCF0515.JPG

btw, i took out the padding under the seat because the top leaks a little and it smelled really musty under there.

Attachments

• DSCF0513.JPG
    DSCF0513.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF0515.JPG
    DSCF0515.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 93
Are the B-pillars the panels that hide the rear speakers? Mo, could you give me a little more detail as to taking the seat out? The two screws, are those for the top or bottom section? Black96, thanks for the pics, that was really helpful. Now if only I can get the seat out.

CManT1914 said:
Are the B-pillars the panels that hide the rear speakers? Mo, could you give me a little more detail as to taking the seat out? The two screws, are those for the top or bottom section? Black96, thanks for the pics, that was really helpful. Now if only I can get the seat out.

Do you see those little white pieces in Black96VertGT pics? That's tucked in under the back seat lid. If you raise the cushion up you can kinda see where they are. Press a screwdriver on the button and the seat will pop up.

I ran my nitrous line similar to where his blue cable is. I didn't remove the side panels though... :shrug:

CManT1914 said:
the screws are for the top section. you have to take the bottom section out first.

go out to your car with a screwdriver and pull up on the front part of the back seat and you will see the white things. push on the front of them with the screwdriver and the bottom part of the seat will come loose. then you can just pull it out. then unscrew the bolts and the top will come loose.

it is really easy, believe me.

CManT1914 said:

B-pillars are the ones that hide the rear speakers. Correct.

You want more detail, eh????? Okie dokie.

Attached is a picture I stole and butchered.

The red circles are what hold the bottom cushions in. They are completely seperate from the b-pillar panels and back seat. Do like Black96VertGT said in the previous post. I don't think you really need to remove the bottom cushions, but it might makes things easier.

The green arrows point to where the screws would be located if the back cushion was still installed. These are the only screws that hold in the back cushion.

The picture doesn't show them (barely starts to show the right one), but the white arrows are pointing to where the two metal tabs go into that hold the back cushion in place. Once the 2 screws are removed, you need to slide the tabs out of these two slots, then you are almost done.

The blue circle shows the final slot. Once you remove the 2 screws, and get the 2 tabs out of the white arrow slots, you can get the last tab out of the blue slot.

Once again, remove the screws, pull straight up to get the 2 tabs out of the white arrowed slots, then pull the seat towards your body (so in the next step the 2 tabs won't go back in the slots), then push the seat down (to get the final tab free of the slot), then pull towards you & you are done.

attachment.php

I hope this helps. If you need any more help, take the car to a shop.
Scott

mo_dingo said:
I hope this helps. If you need any more help, take the car to a shop.
Scott

I work at a shop. But the last time I tried taking a rear seat out (my dad's 72 Cutlass), it was a PITA! It kinda deterred me from trying it again without knowing exactly what I needed to do first. Thanks for all the helps and the pics. :flag:

CManT1914 said:
I work at a shop. But the last time I tried taking a rear seat out (my dad's 72 Cutlass), it was a PITA! It kinda deterred me from trying it again without knowing exactly what I needed to do first. Thanks for all the helps and the pics. :flag:

I know what you mean. Hope it all goes well.
Scott