S550 Or Gt-500?

Turbine-NK

Jan 17, 2018
hey everyone, new to the forum but I'm a big mustang fan and wanted to get a group opinion. I have been looking at the S550 for awhile because I think it's a great car and I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one but I'm trying to decide if I should by the S550 or a 2011-12 GT-500 for a few grand more. I had a '06 procharged gt and loved it but can't make up my mind on this one. Thanks for your insight

• Sponsors (?)

The 11-12 GT 500's were 550 hp, the early S550's were 435 hp and the 18's are 460+ hp. Get a new GT and throw a few grand at it for a supercharger and you'll be in the 650-700 hp territory and the S550's are a much better car than the S197's

Reactions: 1 user
Not to throw off the topic, but if collectors arena is your interest for future investment, the GT-500 coming out next year will be a 200mph car. That definitely puts it in the super car category. Over the long haul, based on how much you drive it, the car will eventually tick upward in price. Another possibility for a collectors item with some zip, will be the new Bullitt. I simply adore green, and I'm starting to think of this one as a possible investment in "smiles per mile" as they say.

Thanks for the input. I know the S550 looks much better and has far better interior but I just imagined that the GT-500 had a better transmission and engine setup for building power as well as being more of a special car. My main focus has been to find a already supercharged S550 (15-17) or buy one and supercharge it on my own dime even know that seems to run 8-10k all said and done. I wish I could buy a 2018 and supercharge it but I can't see spending almost 60k on that project. 35k or so sounds much better also I hear the AC has major issues in the S550 and I live in AZ, anyone have these issues?