Sad day for the Stang

Kraw

Nail On The Head El Moderatoro
Founding Member
I dunno.. maybe I should be happy to reach the milestone?

100k005.jpg

100k004.jpg

Where it happened, right on the county line
100k006.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say congrats! That's a pretty big milestone especially if the car hasn't had any major mechanical flaws.

My '03 will be doing that within the month...just turned over 99000 last night. I'm actually excited. Engine has been flawless all this time and still runs strong. :)

I can't wait. I think there'll be a big roadside party once it does. LOL. It'd be really cool if it turned over 100K on 6/21...that's the day I bought it back in 2003.

I think there'll be a big roadside party once it does. LOL.
I thought about doing that. Back in HS, Toyota had all of those commercials with people in their trucks holding up the sign with their milestone on it. Me and a bud said we would do that when my 90 Dakota hit 100k, but we never did :(

I guess I should be happy. 100k to me is indicative of a time to change. I've only had one other vehicle that went over 100k (the aforementioned Dakota), out of the 8 or so I've owned. I would love to buy a new 09 Stang for the wife, but we can't swing a note right now :(

Here are some stats :)
  • Bought March 01 new, only 10 or 12 miles
  • Roof repainted in 02 due to cracking paint (warr)
  • Bumper repainted in 03 due to cracking paint (warr, but had to fight)
  • Hit 30.4 mpg on a tank twice in one year
  • Replaced stock Gatorbacks at 42k miles due to dry rotting, still had tread!
  • Replaced clutch at 60k miles, ToB was making a lot of noise
  • Replaced IAC at 65k miles due to it stalling
  • Replaced fuel tank throat around the same time due to a leak
  • Replaced front calipers, rotors and pads at 72k, cost about 400 to do it myself. PITA!
  • Replaced front ball joints at 75k (I think, wasn't that long ago, may have been 80k)
  • Replaced crappy Nitto 555's at 94k miles, with good bit of tread left. Have Eagle GT's now and love them. 555's tramlined badly

I think we've spent about 2000 on repairs out of warranty, including the clutch at 650. It was paid off in 3 1/2 years so I guess it's been a good investment. We had under 50k miles when we moved here in Jan 06, so most of the miles have been commuting after we moved here (75 round trip, was only 2 miles in NOLA)

Oh yeah, just got it back from the PDR place a few weeks ago. They did a great job removing the hail damage.

I figure we'll put another 15-20k on it before buying a replacement. Going in for a temp gauge check (doesn't work) and get the freon checked (ac compressor kicking on causes engine to bog at stop lights)

Dude 100k is nothing :rlaugh: My jeep's rocking 210k strong, no real issues other then maintenance stuff. Its actually a goal of mine to push it as far as I can. Its replacement will be something with over 100k miles on it no doubt. My first mustang (a black 86gt) i drove to well over 290k (bought it with 156). Then i pulled the motor just because i wanted more power. But the stock engine with 290k didn't burn oil, or blow any smoke :nice:

Here are some stats :)
  • Bought March 01 new, only 10 or 12 miles
  • Roof repainted in 02 due to cracking paint (warr)
  • Bumper repainted in 03 due to cracking paint (warr, but had to fight)
  • Hit 30.4 mpg on a tank twice in one year
  • Replaced stock Gatorbacks at 42k miles due to dry rotting, still had tread!
  • Replaced clutch at 60k miles, ToB was making a lot of noise
  • Replaced IAC at 65k miles due to it stalling
  • Replaced fuel tank throat around the same time due to a leak
  • Replaced front calipers, rotors and pads at 72k, cost about 400 to do it myself. PITA!
  • Replaced front ball joints at 75k (I think, wasn't that long ago, may have been 80k)
  • Replaced crappy Nitto 555's at 94k miles, with good bit of tread left. Have Eagle GT's now and love them. 555's tramlined badly

Interesting list...I've been wondering about my ball joints up front; everything up there is still factory except struts, springs, and brakes. I upgraded the brakes about 30K miles ago to the Mach 1 setup and I didn't think it was too bad to do. Initially figuring out how everything came apart was time consuming...but once I figured it out, the other side was done within 20 minutes. LOL. I just replaced a rear caliper over the weekend and that was tricky because of the e-brake cable.

Mine's on it's 4th set of tires. This set and the last set have been Eagle F1 all-weathers. They just hold so well.

Clutch is still good, fortunately.

But...mine has been wrecked 5 times to some degree. This last one was the worst. Nearly totaled it this time; it spent 3 months in the shop. :( But it's as good as, if not better than, new now. It's like it's on it's second life now. So much was replaced (either because it had to be or I figured while it was in, why not)...and it got a whole new paint job all over.

I thought about a '10, but another payment wouldn't be feasible for me either. I like having a strong running vehicle that I don't need to make payments on.

So, here's to another 100K miles for you! :) :nice:

thanks!

I just don't trust high mileage vehicles. My wife and I commute together every day except friday, then she is on her own. I hate the idea of her breaking down somewhere on the commute to ATL. The idiots in South Fulton are bad enough to deal with when you are on the road, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with her on the side of the road with NO shoulder!

Thats cool. Thats a nice milestone, more so when you have put all those miles on yourself. Ford did pretty good with these motors though. My old Lincoln has 140K on her right now and I know I could drive her cross country with no issues at all and kick down 27 mpg while doing it. :nice:

I put 30k miles a year on my DD... My stang sees weekend only cruises... I put 3k miles on my stang since I finished it the end of October lol.. I love driving. Sometimes i'll just get in the stang blast down the parkway and easily put 70+ miles on it in an afternoon :)

Nothing wrong with higher mileage vehicles (100k isn't high miles anymore, 150k+ is) as long as you keep up with routine maintenance.

My 97 vert just turned over 100k a couple months ago. I was expecting something to break but so far so good. Probably helps that I'm stock for the most part. Like the guys said. They are good for another 100k if well taken care of.

I say congrats! I have been on both ends of the spectrum before. My old 00 gt had 44k on it when I bought it. Had it for around a year and I had put 35k miles on it. Now with my 01 gt I have now, I have had it for 6 months and put 500 miles on it maybe lol