Safest N20 shot on stock internals.

Hey everyone do you know what is the safest size shot I can run with a stock bottom end?

I am looking into getting this kit for my stang.
nos08100.jpg

On sale for 1399.00 from LM Perfromance.

Attachments

• nos08100.jpg
    nos08100.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

02 Mineral Gray said:
Hey everyone do you know what is the safest size shot I can run with a stock bottom end?

I am looking into getting this kit for my stang.
nos08100.jpg

On sale for 1399.00 from LM Perfromance.
Thats a nice kit, you should be ok with spraying a 125 shot. It sprays both nitrous and fuel under the injectors :nice:

Attachments

• nos08100.jpg
    nos08100.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 93
That is actually one of the best designed nitrous kits out for the 4.6L motor.... it assures that every cylinder is getting the exact same amount of nitrous and fuel so you dont take the chance of pushing certain cylinders harder than others, it also includes a fuel pressure safety swtich... so if it sees a drop in fuel pressure it cuts the system off. Big plus, saves engines......

Personally I think you can safely run a 125 shot with that kit if you are running non ethanol 92 or higher gas with some additive and running the right spark plugs and such....

Now if it was a dry kit or a fogger like I have, I dont think you should go much over 100 shot with out taking other things into consideration.

buddy of mine who i just purchased a n20 kit from ran 30 bottles worth of 150shot through his motor..he sold because it spun a rod bearing, which was later determined to be from age, NOT the n20...if its tuned properly, not abused and you have a fuel pressure and windown switch you'll be fine.

I was in your shoes about a year and half ago. I was dead set on the "NOZZLE" kit like you pictured. After telling the guy what I expected from the kit, and my install experience(ZERO!), he recommended the N0S 5116 Dry N20 Kit.

After reading the directions a billion-teen times, I finally begain installing sections of the N20 kit on the car, and after a week of 15-30 minutes of work here and there, it was done. Not to bad of system to install after looking back and realizing it's just putting wires where wires go.

The kit came with everything for safe runs(just like the kit you pictured most likely), but this kit was about 1/2 the price of the NOZZLE kit, which allowed me to get the needed nitrous accessories like a great bottle heater ( www.dynotune.org , it's there HEATER/BRACKET combo...AWESOME!), an purge kit.

Very impressed with the kit, minus the crappy weather pack connections you have to BUILD in the kit. I ended up just cutting them off and sodering my connections, or male/female plugging them. I've ran the lowest jet, to the highest jet in the kit and the times below speak for themselves.

Got the kit from www.lonestarperformance.com if it you wanna take a look.

Good luck......sure is fun! And I'm just an autox/road course dude....nice to flip the switch and have itall every now and then.

Justin03GT said:
buddy of mine who i just purchased a n20 kit from ran 30 bottles worth of 150shot through his motor..he sold because it spun a rod bearing, which was later determined to be from age, NOT the n20...if its tuned properly, not abused and you have a fuel pressure and windown switch you'll be fine.

Please reread what you said.

Spun a rod bearing, because of age..not N20. RRRIIIGGHTT Did you know, that spraying n20 puts more presure on all your engine components.(such as rod bearings). Did your buddy actually expect to see "nitrous residue" on the rod bearings? So when using nitrous the life of your engine goes down by at least 30% shorter, give or take on the kit and size shot.

Having many mustang and have played with different nitrous kits. Here is my humble opinions on nitrous and stock motors.

The absolute safest, no worries, happy go luck size shot I would recommend is 75hp shot.

Middle of the road 100-125.

On the edge 150 plus.

This is of course with all the extra's and required pieces for a "safe" nitrous kit.

I could really go on and on about it...I can if you want.

I just installed this kit ealier this month & just got it tuned on the dyno at ModularPowerhouse by Tim & Jerry From SCT using the SCT Xcal2....Heres a link http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19471
It has 125 shot on it there was some room left for improvement but really good numbers 352rwhp 425rwtq Stock Manifolds....I am getting jets for 150 shot or long tube headers......I had to do some modifications to my 04 valve covers to make the Nozzles seat correctly...I spoke with Holley tech with my problems several (25+ times) they are very helpful & knowledgeable.......Its an Awesome product, you;ll enjoy it very much.....Your going to probably need about 2K+ to do the whole install....The kit is one thing......You'll have to purchase the following too.... Purge Kit, Bottle Warmer, If you don't have a shrader valve you'll need a fuel rail adapter from Nitrous Express, Some decent switches (modulartuning.com), Sparkplugs Autolite AR94's or NGK TR6IX iridiums, Definately a RETUNE or switch chip if you don't have one, Bottle Pressure Gauge, and a few other misc things....Patience, don't rush it & definately don't shoot it till it gets tuned....
Also http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=232335#post232335