Saleen 18x9 From 2002 On My 1990 Gt

racer_inboston

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2002
boston, ma
Ok fellas,
Heres my ordeal...ive got a set of original saleen 18x9. Wheels...currently ive gathered moser 28 spline axles n drums but still have not purchased the lincoln mark 7 rotors....I believe its 1986 front rotors..correct me if im mistaken please....
Anywho, i cannot grasp what is involved in making these wheels fit...have had them in my shed for 10 yrs and its time to do the 5 lug conversion...any assistance to this old timer is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

84-86 SVO rotors are what you want if your car is a 1987+ v8.

Issue is they may not fit the saleen wheels up front. The snout of the rotor is the issue. I recommend going to a parts store with a good return policy and buying a single SVO rotor and just test fitting it on the wheel and seeing if you can bolt the wheel up to it, and the center cap works (the latter may not matter to you)

Do you recall the offset/backspacing specs on the wheels?

Real 9 inch saleen new edge wheels should be 25mm fronts and 12mm rear offset.

Will they fit? It's going to be close, I ran my wheels before I went to 94/95 spindles, bullet calipers and cobra rear discs. I think I just flattened the dust cap. But mike is right, buy a rotor and try it. I don't know how the extra width and offset affect how they fit.

I have them reversed, when the 30mm wheels should be in the front, I have them in the back and the 10mm's in the front.

Me personally, I wouldn't go through the trouble of pulling the rear axles and not goto discs. But i'm aware that route will spend quite a bit more money.
I have one vehicle of 5 left with rear drums after that truck is gone, I never want to see a drum ever again.

I know I didn't give a definitive yes or no, but now at least you have some numbers to work with.

BTW, if the wheels do work, tire size is going to have to be spot on.