Saleen wheel value?

Hey gusy i came across some a saleen convertible lx that im 100 percent sure is just a repo by the owner. its a friend of a friends car , and it has no title, its in ruff shape buy the body is okay, atleas the saleen gfx are, and the interior is a mix of real black and dyed black parts. But it has the saleen wheels, i thought i heard on here that they are pretty rare, i dunno. They are prolly fakes, but how do i tell. IM trying to get the car from the guy, to part it out between me and my mustang buddies. lol.
its a complete car, five speed and all. But it has black fox leather seats front and rear, to bad they for a damn convert. :mad: I will try to find a pic of the wheels im talking about. What are they worth, and how do i tell if they are real. Fake or real, im will keep them most likely and have them powdercoated black, and leave the lip silver.

they are similiar to the ones in this thread, just not deep dish. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=738450

• Sponsors (?)

Are these the wheels you're talking about, by chance? They're getting rare, but there were some on eBay recently that the bids got up to the $2900 range before the auction got yanked by eBay for some reason.

mump_0709_02_z+90-93_saleen_sc+stern_wheel.jpg

They did have a one piece wheel as well. I just did a Google search for Stern wheels, and snagged the first pic I came across that was like the ones they put on the Saleen.

saleen made the four lug version of this wheel for sale although it did not come on any cars. these wheels came out in late1990 or eairly 91. All the production saleens(after1986) were five lug these were made by speedline in italy (should have "made in italy cast in the wheel on the back side) they came in 17x7.5 and 17x8.5. I am pretty sure the 5 lug wheels are the ones that fetch the higher dolar amount, but not as much as the sterns 3 peice wheel. Chris

ps I am prety sure the stern wheels only came on a few saleens not sure but I think only the ssc modle

If the car still has 4-lugs, it is a fake. The wheels were sold by Saleen for 'regular' fox cars, and are most likely real. A set of those wheels are probably worth $600-$1000, depending on condition, due to the 'rarity'. With the introduction of the replicas, possibly quite a bit le$$...

If the car still has 4-lugs, it is a fake. The wheels were sold by Saleen for 'regular' fox cars, and are most likely real. A set of those wheels are probably worth $600-$1000, depending on condition, due to the 'rarity'. With the introduction of the replicas, possibly quite a bit le$$...

The replicas still don't look as good as the real ones. I don't think the value of the real ones will fall off much.

This is my car with Stern wheels:

1_edited-2.jpg

Saleen used these on 92 and 93 cars only, but sold them in the catalog as an accessory piece. As previously stated, they also had a four-lug accessory wheel that would fit regular Fox bodies. The 5-lug Sterns and Speedlines (which are very similar and were used after Saleen ran out of Sterns in 1993) bring pretty big bucks on the 'Bay. I would expect a set of the 4-lug to top out around $800 if they are in primo condition.

Also, as previously stated, if the car is 4-lug, it is not a Saleen, unless it is a very early car or a "California Edition".