saleen wing install

red-fox

Nov 1, 2010
Manitoba
when I bought my '92 lx notch it came with a saleen wing that wasnt installed. I wanted to put it on but where I have to drill the holes it looks like the bolts will hit the weather striping on the trunk lid or I will have to drill through all the trunk braces? has anyone done this that could help me out? maybe even some pics of where the bolts are suposed to go?

• Sponsors (?)

I remember going through the brace. Take lots of measurements and make sure everything is aligned, including the trunk lid.

PS, I put mine within millimeters of the back edge.

It was a PITA imho and I wouldn't do it again.

When i put a Saleen wing on my '88, i had to have all the holes filled except for two. Then had the hatch repainted. Then i had to carefully mark and drill out new holes through the bracing and hatch. It sucked.

Easier to buy a GT hatch...or sell the Saleen wing and get a Steeda Aero wing and be different.

When i put a Saleen wing on my '88, i had to have all the holes filled except for two. Then had the hatch repainted. Then i had to carefully mark and drill out new holes through the bracing and hatch. It sucked.

Easier to buy a GT hatch...or sell the Saleen wing and get a Steeda Aero wing and be different.

Notch was easier.

PS, I used paper to mark the holes. Taped paper to the bottom of the wing. Don't forget to mark the holes. Align the wing on the trunklid. Take a thousand measurements. Once your sure you have it, untape from the wing and tape to the car. Remove wing. Mark on trunk. Remeasure everything. Punch a dent. Check bottom. Drill. Wasn't so bad.

Forgot to add....cost me $600 to have a body shop fill all the holes and paint the hatch for me. I had a brand new paint job, so i wanted to make sure the hatch looked perfect.

Now i'm taking the Saleen wing off and putting the stock wing back.

He has a notch not a hatch.

Saleen wings on coupes=:notnice: coupes with wings=:notnice: peace

john:p

^this^

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if i was suposed to drill through the braces or if i had the wrong spoiler. I'm still deciding on if i should do it or not. I'll see a picture of one that looks great and I want to then I'll see one that looks fugly and I dont. Without it, it looks like somthings missing. With it, it just looks to big...