satin/flat clear sripes?

kenosobby

New Member
Apr 11, 2002
11
0
0
St Louis
I was just wondering if any has used a satin clear over the regular stuf to create a stripe? I was just sitting here thinking of a paint theme and thought it may be kinda cool to use the satin to create a stripe that doesnt have huge contrast to the rest of the car.
 
that is an interesting idea. my thought was to shade the color coat slightly differently for the stripes, or to add a little pearl of the same color as the base coat, or to add a little metallic compound to the clear, again just for the stripes.
 
I plan on doing Either Matte Black or Ghost Black Super Snake Stripes on my planned black car, I am painting a Model Shelby like that to see how it would look since i don't have photoshop... I personally think it will look awesome
 
that is an interesting idea. my thought was to shade the color coat slightly differently for the stripes, or to add a little pearl of the same color as the base coat, or to add a little metallic compound to the clear, again just for the stripes.

That was my first thought just to lay stripes a shade off like any other time... but I am leaning heavy on keeping the same color and just change the clear...what's the worst that can happen I have to paint it again...I figure if something works keep doing it, if it doesn't work try something else.