Saving old tunes?

otis

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
Alberta
I will be uploading a new e-mail tune from Brenspeed for my stage II cams shortly and I am wondering if we are able to pull our old tunes off and save them on our computers? My tuner is an SCT X3 Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I was able to do that when Doug at Bamachips sent me an updated tune. Use the SCT software to copy the file to you computer and overwrite the tune on your handheld device.

EDIT: I have an Xcal2 handheld unit. I assume the software and procedures are the same or very similar.

Wraith 413 would you be able to tell me how to do that? I just had a guy from SCT e-mail me and tell me that I would not be able to get my custom tunes off of the tuner and save them. Thanks.

I should have clarified. You can copy them to your computer using the XCT program. Use the "transfer file" button to copy the old tunes to your computer. When you upload the new files, the software will ask you what slot to place them in and it will overwrite your old tunes. This is for the stock and any e-mail tunes that you have. I haven't tried copying the pre-loaded SCT tunes to my computer.

Thanks Wraith413. I should have clarified as well, that my question was concerning old e-mail tunes. I just didn't want to lose them in case I have problems with the new ones or change something back for the winter. I will try your suggestion out soon.