Saw this on MSN website

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
This is funny, 305 hp and a 6 speed?
SVT.PNG

• Sponsors (?)

Many Corvette guys are known for that. They pay the dealer upcharge to be the first to own one and then are proud of how little mileage and how clean the undercarriage is. Then they argue with you when you offer them the fair market price for their ten year old Chevy.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm telling ya...the SN95 cars will be the next thing to take off in price. You can get some clean examples cheap.

Eventually people will realize why pay $10K for a 100K mile Fox with nice paint when you can buy something like a 96-98 Cobra for $5500 right now and have a much better starting platform when most people just do mods like exhaust and a shifter and wheels.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I'm telling ya...the SN95 cars will be the next thing to take off in price. You can get some clean examples cheap.

Eventually people will realize why pay $10K for a 100K mile Fox with nice paint when you can buy something like a 96-98 Cobra for $5500 right now and have a much better starting platform when most people just do mods like exhaust and a shifter and wheels.
That's exactly why I told the guy looking at the 95 with the 351for 12k, that's completely modded out to just buy a 95 cobra.

Hell, 95 cobra R's can still be had fairly cheap.

I don't even want another mustang and I've considered buying an sn95 cobra. They are at the "making me buy it" price.

I like the 94 and 95 Cobras. I dont particularly dislike that body style like some people do. It's not my favorite. I came across a 97, I think, mystichrome Cobra a couple years back. It was a great price, but I wasn't in a position to buy at the time.

I don't even want another mustang and I've considered buying an sn95 cobra. They are at the "making me buy it" price.

Only fox i'd consider buying these days is a 93 Cobra or a 87-93 Saleen. Unfortunately prices for those have climbed into the unobtanium region unless the Covid economy lingers long enough to cause as correction in the collector vehicle market...

But i've seen a lot of SN95's at "make me buy it" prices. During the winters, a 99-04 S281 Saleen came up for sale for $8K and was fairly clean. I've seen lots of 94-98 Cobras for sale in the $4-6K range. You can get a 99-04 GT for $3500-4000 if you look hard enough.

I've been putting aside some money for a second stock driver Mustang (or FFR Cobra) but haven't decided what to get. Been watching '93 Cobras but i'm not paying $25K for a fox. $5-8K for a nice, clean driver '96-98 Cobra vert? Why not

The 94-95 are starting to become more rare. 3 years ago when I bought my car, they were fairly plentiful. If I wanted to get one now I’d be paying almost three times more and they’re harder to come by. Kartheif made out with a nice project cobra for less than fox rollers go for sometimes...

Reactions: 1 user
Guarantee this time next year they will shift up a price class, it just makes sense. It’s the fox platform with 5 lugs, better suspension, and more power. Granted it has more weight and the styling is controversial, but many people mod foxes using sn9t parts, so why not start with an sn. Gives owners a chance to get into an old 5.0 mustang for way less than a fox.

You're probably not wrong.

Hell, it already happened with the Mustang IIs. Classics became borderline unobtainable for your average enthusiast, and suddenly those little Pinto-stangs didn't look so bad. They were so cheap ten years ago that $1000 would buy you a relatively clean running and driving V8 car, and now there are similar cars going for more than 10 times that, with some cars going for insane money... like this one:

If Mustang IIs can have that happen, SN95s can too... eventually.

Only fox i'd consider buying these days is a 93 Cobra or a 87-93 Saleen. Unfortunately prices for those have climbed into the unobtanium region unless the Covid economy lingers long enough to cause as correction in the collector vehicle market...

But i've seen a lot of SN95's at "make me buy it" prices. During the winters, a 99-04 S281 Saleen came up for sale for $8K and was fairly clean. I've seen lots of 94-98 Cobras for sale in the $4-6K range. You can get a 99-04 GT for $3500-4000 if you look hard enough.

I've been putting aside some money for a second stock driver Mustang (or FFR Cobra) but haven't decided what to get. Been watching '93 Cobras but i'm not paying $25K for a fox. $5-8K for a nice, clean driver '96-98 Cobra vert? Why not

I missed the boat on saleen foxes and 93 cobra's too. I do miss my Saleen Explorer a little, but honestly as cool as it was, it was a terrible family vehicle with the size of modern child seats.
While I could use some more toys, I have no need for a daily other than my supercrew f150 which Isn't really a daily since I have a work van.
Hard to justify another mustang for me.
I wanted to do a Grand national for a nice family cruising car, but price has went absurd on them. $7500 buys you a primered car that is disassembled and comes in boxes. 15k is the ground floor (but most likely 20k-25k)for anything decent and I certainly don't want 2 cars that need to be painted.

I think the real gem right now for me would be an 96-98 saleen. So easy and cheap to just convert it to a terminator top end.
I've seen them in the 6k-12k range.

My first car was a mitsubishi starion flareside, maybe a 5.0 swap?

Edit: I also don't see any market correction coming to fox anything.
We all beat used and abused them. Most weren't collected, they were driven, so there isn't enough high quality cars out there for the price to go down.
It's not like 05+shelby's where they all are secondary cars that are garage kept.
Most foxes were driven.