Scared!!!!

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
so my brother just got his procharger in for his 07 GT. he got it with a 12lb pulley. it has 39lb injectors gt40 fuel pump and the sct MAF.

I am afraid he is gonna beat me and it sucks. i was looking at an article from muscle mustangs and fast fords. they put one on an 05 at 9psi on stock MAF and fuel pump it made 440rwhp. I gotta beat my brother or he wont let me live it down. i know i could probably win on spray in an 1/8th mile cause of the torque but i wanna have a higher trap in the 1/4.

I am guessing at 12lbs he will have around 480rwhp. So do you guys think some stage 2 cams MPH stage 2.5 heads and a set of long tube headers added to my car and spraying the 150 shot would take him out?

I wanna try and get about 320rwhp on motor is my goal. and then if i sprayed a 150 it would be around 470rwhp.

I was confident for a lil while that i would get him on spray but now i kinda wanna :hide:

crap i just looked at MPH's website and i dont think they make the stage 2.5 heads anymore.

• Sponsors (?)

Id start being concerned about your bottom end if you actually get near the 320 mark all motor, then spray a 150 shot on top of that.

320rwhp is shooting a little high IMO. Its been done but rarley with just a head/cam swap + bolt ons. At that point people crack into the bottom end, building it for higher compression and invest in an aftermarket intake manifold.

It would be cool for you to be one of those exceptions though.

But as you sit he will probaly outrun you with 12lbs of boost.

Id start being concerned about your bottom end if you actually get near the 320 mark all motor, then spray a 150 shot on top of that.

320rwhp is shooting a little high IMO. Its been done but rarley with just a head/cam swap + bolt ons. At that point people crack into the bottom end, building it for higher compression and invest in an aftermarket intake manifold.

It would be cool for you to be one of those exceptions though.

But as you sit he will probaly outrun you with 12lbs of boost.

lol thats what im afraid of. i think that i will jump him and then he would pull me back in cause he is going to make boost slowly. I am eventually going to put forged rods and pistons in but maybe not this summer. basically i am looking for mid 12s on motor. thats with slicks and a built rear and all.

Meh, I doubt he will beat you. I raced a procgharged 07GT at teh track with my cobra...his made 10 or 11 PSI and put down I THINK 460-480RWHP. He got the jump on me, but I drove around him and put him a half car or so back by the end. He trapped like 114 or 115 and I did 118.

I wouldnt worry about the 05+s...they do make good power, and yes they run well. But they just weight too much and remember, all that power is WAY up high. That 12PSI wont be until around 6200...maybe 6500.

You should get him...and you SHOULD trap about the same. Now if you bust out that 200 again...bye bye! LOL!

Meh, I doubt he will beat you. I raced a procgharged 07GT at teh track with my cobra...his made 10 or 11 PSI and put down I THINK 460-480RWHP. He got the jump on me, but I drove around him and put him a half car or so back by the end. He trapped like 114 or 115 and I did 118.

I wouldnt worry about the 05+s...they do make good power, and yes they run well. But they just weight too much and remember, all that power is WAY up high. That 12PSI wont be until around 6200...maybe 6500.

You should get him...and you SHOULD trap about the same. Now if you bust out that 200 again...bye bye! LOL!

lol yea he wants to go best outta 3 so if i lose one on the 150 then the 200 is goin in.

but if i went with some boost it would be either a kenne bell or the hellion kit. but yea i think its going to be close especially cause my prostars will be on the car with a nice set of mickey thompson ET streets.

you always give me hope cody lol. you have started a legacy with these 2vs and i wanna see what they can do.

MPH still ports heads, they just haven't updated the store front on thier website in a while. Give em a call if that's what you want.

lol yea he wants to go best outta 3 so if i lose one on the 150 then the 200 is goin in.

but if i went with some boost it would be either a kenne bell or the hellion kit. but yea i think its going to be close especially cause my prostars will be on the car with a nice set of mickey thompson ET streets.

you always give me hope cody lol. you have started a legacy with these 2vs and i wanna see what they can do.

Oh God, if your running prostars with MTs....he has zero chance of winning if hes in full street trim. Prostars lighten up the load alot....that will really help you seperate yourself weight wise....plus MTs hook like mad.

Although I suggest that you may not want to worry about the "fun factor" of activating the N20 yourself for that night....and wire it into a WOT switch. That will help out ALOT.

And I think that since your addicted to N20...you would REALLY like a KB. Turbos just dont hit like twin screw, or positive displacement blowers. Most people say that once you have a turbo car you wont want anything else....well that didnt work for me. Dont get me wrong...turbos are great, but I LOVE the instant power/part throttle power I have now in the snake.

And glad I can still provide moral support :D
Now get out there and take the stock shortblock 2V to its limits and finish what I started...600RWHP mark with the stock bottom end still intact! :flag: :D

i should be able to run high 11s with mickey thompsons. i ran a 7.8 at 94 on a 200 shot with street tires. on the 150 shot spraying asap on mickeys i should be able to get into the 11s.

and cody hahahahaha 600rwhp on the stock shortblock is a lot lol ill try. dont think ill do it on nitrous cause thats a lot of nitrous to spray to hit that lol. I would need 300 on motor then hit the 300 shot and im pretty sure she will grenade with that much juice lol. and i dont think the trans will be too happy with all that torque either

My buddy burned a piston, one run with a 190 shot. Bad luck I guess, but each car is different.

Id trust a 300 shot on a stock 5.0 (87-91) before id ever put anything like that in a stock 4.6, lol.

I ran a 12.4@112 with a NOS 125 shot. With an NX 150 shot I would think you be faster than me. You have more mods.

As for your brothers car it all depends on the tune. This friend of a friend at work bought a saleen IV kit and was talkin mad smack. Trailored his car and everything. His best time was a 13.1.

I think you will beat him. Nitrous is king.