Scavenger Kit For Pcv

lizardsman

May 8, 2013
I'm in the process of building a scavenger kit for my 89lx. Gonna come from both valve covers, into a y, to a catch can, then to the exhaust. From both valve covers to the y than catch can would -4 an work? Than was gonna run -6an from the can to the exhaust. Also gonna install a check valve between can and exhaust. Tired of smelling the gases. The venturi going into the exhaust should pull 3 to 4 lbs of vacuum. Thanks for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)

Why not hook it back to the intake I thought that's how the factory system was? I mean I could be wrong but I'm sure second on here knows for sure
Crank case gasses contain contaminates, fuel, oil and such that causes sludge. Factory pcv systems go back into the intake to be burnt. Causes a loss of power as well as a dirty combustion chamber. Running it to the exhaust through a venturi avoids that as well as putting a vacuum on the crank case wich in turns gives you better oiling as fluid moves easier in a vaccum.

Ahh I see now I'm gonna have to look into doing this mine is going to the vac tree from the previous owner so I think the pcv system wasn't working to well I'm gonna reroute it to where it picks up at the intake to the tree then do what your gonna do for the pcv

Ahh I see now I'm gonna have to look into doing this mine is going to the vac tree from the previous owner so I think the pcv system wasn't working to well I'm gonna reroute it to where it picks up at the intake to the tree then do what your gonna do for the pcv
I'll keep you posted of the process as I go along. Let you know what I use and what works, doesn't so on so forth.

To really be effective you need to run a -10 or -12 line from the valve cover to the can. Remember try to keep the can above the valve cover or it will naturally want to pull oil.....do not run a pcv

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2