scoop poll (since we've polled everything else)

Scoop poll.

• Keep it clean (no scoops)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Only if it's functional. otherwise, clean is good.

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Desperately want functional scoops (clean is bad, fake is bad)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • "Functional" Shmunctional. Just give me scoops!

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

shatner saves

Jan 13, 2004
I went back though all the pages on this board and I could not find a single scoop poll. Pretty amazing considering we've polled everything else at one point or another. Since this seems to be a major point of styling contention, here's the poll.

Here's 4 choices that I think represent the majority of view points out there. This poll reflects your personal preference, not what you think others should have the right to have. I did not make any distinction between hood and side scoops and I did not include an aftermarket option. (this should be included in subsequent discussion).

• Sponsors (?)

Heh...

'Two scoops' may go well in Raisin Bran, but that's about it. :rlaugh:

Ok, that was dumb, but scoops are junk. Well, maybe one for the hood of the Mach 1 stang.

It's personal preference - like colors. It would be nice for those who want scoops to be able to have them, and for those who don't to be able to go scoop-less.

I lean toward liking scoops, but that depend a lot on what they actually look like. Functional is nice, but non-functional will do if it looks good.

Just give us the options to go either way, and almost everyone will be happy. Well, except those who hate scoops on someone else's cars - which is really not their business anyway.

how about "i want scoops, but only on the hood and only if they are executed as well as on the concept" thats my stand on the subject. to me that was really one of the coolest parts of the car. and with the air intake on the front of the engine they could really be made functional

I think the fact that this car doesn't have fake scoops on it is what makes a real contender. Yes, some of the mustangs in the past have had fake scoops and it seemed "cheep". I think that Ford is trying to appeal to a much wider crowd with the new Stang. I think the new Stang seems a little more..."Adult". I've always loved Mustangs, and can't wait to buy this new one. And the fact that it doesn't try to say it has something it doesn't, makes it all the more respectable. This car would look absolutely amazing if it had some scoops. But only if they were "real".

P.S. I don't like fake boobies either. :nice: :nice:

OnlyFord said:
I think the fact that this car doesn't have fake scoops on it is what makes a real contender. Yes, some of the mustangs in the past have had fake scoops and it seemed "cheep". I think that Ford is trying to appeal to a much wider crowd with the new Stang. I think the new Stang seems a little more..."Adult". I've always loved Mustangs, and can't wait to buy this new one. And the fact that it doesn't try to say it has something it doesn't, makes it all the more respectable. This car would look absolutely amazing if it had some scoops. But only if they were "real".

P.S. I don't like fake boobies either. :nice: :nice:

Great post! I agree completely. The Mustang has evolved from the 'boy racer' set to something much more refined. I'm sure the aftermarket will swell with 'upgrades' for those so inclined.