SCT Advantage III Racer Pro Software

bradfier

Mar 2, 2010
Hey guys anyone using the SCT Advantage III Pro Racer computer program? I’m interested in being able to tune my own car. I’m wondering if it has fuel tables, complete control of the ECU, and if you can log and change spark temps. I have an SCT XCal 3 and it says it has a data logging capability, so I am assuming they are compatable for street tuning. Are there any other Tuning Programs?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I recently bought a TwEECer base. I was using it on my 97 GT for a while and now on my 88lx. From what I've seen, this is a much cheaper option than the others, with just as much capability. The twEECer RT is available with datalogging.

You can access all the timing and fuel tables, as well important transfer tables such as the MAF transfer table. It is powerful enough to do pretty much anything you want. The program they provide for free is Caledit and it has pretty much everything available, but I've heard that Binary Editor is a much better option (but it is not free). No matter what tuner you choose, there will be a huge learning curve when you are making adjustments and understand the function of everything. Timing and fuel are not controlled by a simple table, but it is dynamic based on many variables, so it really does take a lot of work to figure out what your doing.

Sniper Tuning is also another option where you can fine tune all your parameters. If I remember correctly, there were quite a few people that were highly upset with their Pro Racer software due to issues with it, as well as shelling out extra money for support and upgrades to keep the software current.

You may want to look into those issues, I can't pinpoint what they were for sure, but I do remember that a few people were saying they wish they'd have gone a different route.