SCT tune/dyno shop question

jgibby

Apr 6, 2009
I just installed Kooks long tubes with catted X pipe. Car runs great. No CEL and its been 5 days now. I've decided to make the trip to the nearest SCT dyno shop an hour away. My question for you all is this. I love the Brenspeed 93 octane tune, so all I really want the shop to do is to maximize the power gain from the new headers/make sure air fuel raitios are good. I'm running the Brenspeed 93 in the car. Is it possible for the shop to just make adjustments to the current Brenspeed tune without the need to create a whole new tune for the car? (which is what I don't want). I'm sort of a novice so pardon the question for sounding dumb.

By the way, when I spoke with the tuner on the phone he told me if I want to make some real power to ditch the Saleen supercharger... I thought Saleen was a good name, but Oh well, I'm happy with how it performs and I'm not droppin another $5500 for a different blower.

I'll post my dyno numbers tomorrow night

• Sponsors (?)

I had a Brentspeed 93 octane tune. It was ok. I went to a dyno pull that the Mustang Club I belong to put together and my A/F ratio was in 14s. So high that they would not pull it the third time. I asked Brentspeed for a revised tune and that brought it down to the mid 13s. No problem with their customer service. But every engine is different, and what might be perfect for one engine might be off on another. I just had it dyno turned at a local shop here and the A/F is right on and while the HP didn't increase, the Torque went up by 14.

I don't know if a shop can just "tweak" someone else's tune, but definitely do it.

Attachments

• DynoTune3_24_09.jpg
    DynoTune3_24_09.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 110
tune the car on the dyno that way you know everything is right and accurate...the preprogramed tunes are just for average cars and in most cases will work fine and you will porlly notice som e power gain but it wont be the max power....so go for the retune