Sct X3 Question

Nemethjames1

May 15, 2016
I have an x3 that has a custom tune for my 05 f250 6.0 power stroke. It's the older version and I wanted to use it on my 04 mustang GT since my truck will be down for a couple months.

My question, is there a way that I can back up my custom tune onto my laptop via sct program? I have been reading for a while and can't find any real info!

I really just want to use it to correct my speedo, and would be cool to advance timing a few degrees and whatever else I Can do WITHOUT purchasing pre made tunes. Not trying to do much but just want to try mine before i buy one for stang.

I already un-married it and have 4 unlocks left. I DONT care if I use a couple more!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Not one reply after a whole week??

Ok. If I have a tuner set car back to stock, then delete the custom tune for the original vehicle, can I just plug it into my mustang and without BUYING a "canned" tune can I use the tuner essentially blank(no tunes)...

To only correct my speedometer ?
And maybe just advance my timing a couple degrees ?

Or will I have to purchase things for the scanner to even correct my speedometer because it was used for an F series truck previously ?

Do I have have to delete everything off the sct (custom tuned) when I plug it into my Mustang its still set for the diesel. Like RPM cut off 4000 RPM

Is there a way to save the custom tune for my truck

And thank you for your reply

Sent to sct, no reply yet!!

i purchased an x3 tuner years ago that i used for my ford f250 6.0 diesel. i recently sold the truck, and now i want to use the x3 tuner on my 04 ford mustang gt. i returned the f250 back to stock, and the x3 says that it is un-married. but when i plug it into the mustang the tuner still has things for diesel, how can i change the scanner to have mustang settings? all i want to do now is use the x3 to correct my speedometer, and maybe bump the timing a couple degrees. when the x3 tuner first boots up it says "elite diesel engineering". will i need to reflash the software on the tuner?

Still having same issue. I try automatic update and get an error, where can I download the firmware to manually update firmware? Sct is horrible about getting back to me and answering questions. Thought I may have better luck just contacting elite diesel but no help

You'll need to get on the phone with their tech support for them to manually push a data pack to you. I had to do this on my car as the tuner had not been updated in 10 years.

Also, you will need a mustang strategy file to tune your car. I imagine the pre loaded tunes on your tuner will just brick your computer and you'll have to end up at ford (with a tow) to get it set back to stock.

Do it right and order a mail/email order tune from Steeda or any other tuner (just not bama).