Interior and Upholstery Seatbelt issue

rockyracoon

10 Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
margate NJ
So I have a 96 vert with a hardtop the previous owner installed. When I got the car those rear panels in the back seat that house the stereo speakers we're not installed as well as the seat belt reels and retractors and for the life of me I can't figure out how the real and the retractor goes back on there's literally no threaded bolt holes where they will line up that I can find any help would be greatly appreciated as it looks like the seat belt hardware in a convertible is different than in a hardtop.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

So are you making a ragtop into a coupe? Do you have coupe or convertible seat belts? Front seat belts are totally different between the two body styles.
No my car is a vert that someone put a removable top on it. My problem is with the front seat belts that come out of the rear seat side panels. I have the reels and retractors but I can't see where they bolt in at . Also when I got the car the previous owner took out the whole convertible top frame. I actually have the frame but the top was trashed. They had this removable top installed wrong as I think you need the frame installed in the car to install this removable fiberglass top correctly. Because the way they have that removable top on there now, with the hooks and the wing nuts that secure it in the back is totally wrong and it won't allow me to even install the plastic side panels. Somebody had no idea what the heck they were doing. And also one last thing the seat belts won't even retract, when you tug on them they just lock up immediately now I don't know if it's because they need to be bolded in, which very well may be

Last edited:
This is the best I can do right now. The retractors mount to this bracket. The retractors won’t function properly unless they are mounted. At least that is my experience. Hope this helps some. I don’t have a hardtop on my vert so I cannot help with that.

Attachments

• 498DFA55-2909-49BD-A12B-CE5328504136.png
    498DFA55-2909-49BD-A12B-CE5328504136.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40