Seatbelt light......chime.....ANNOYING

Unreal281

Dec 18, 2004
How do i disable it? I have a 2000gt and NO owners manual or anything as a reference.....i just want the chime to stop and the light to stop flickering....

thanx guys

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Lol.....good advice guys...i know thats a no-brainer....but i do alot of stop and go in town sometimes and starting it and turning it off to drive a mile and hear that chime is SOOO annoying.....

I'd SERIOUSLY appreciate it if someone had a manual or something that would tell me EXACTLY how to disable it.....

:SNSign:

Here's a quick way to get the light to go away.. buckle it and leave it buckled for about 30 seconds then unbuckle it.. That should get rid of the light/chime until u shut the car off again. Always worked for me before I started wearing my seatbelt :nice:

turn ignition on (don't start engine)
wait for the seatbelt light to turn off

*must complete these steps within 60 seconds*
buckle and unbuckle 3 times
turn on then off your headlights
buckle then unbuckle your seatbelt 3 times

*your safety belt warning light will be on for 3 seconds*

*must do next step within 7 seconds*

buckle then unbuckle your seatbelt.

Mity2....thanx so much dude.....just did that, and it worked as planned....light is out and doesn't blink/chime anymore.....i just followed the simple steps on that link and SUCCESS....thanx alot bro....

Now all i gotz ta do is remove the coolant light bulb cause i'm sick of lookin at it when there is absolutley nothing wrong with the coolant level.....

Stangless.....i already got it dude....thanx anywayz