Seattle area shop recommendation for pre-purchase inspection?

Cue-Ball909

May 10, 2009
I used to post on here years ago. Sold my '90 foxbody and hadn't been back since. Well, now I'm back in the market to buy yet another Mustang (if it happens, it'll be my fourth). This time I'm looking for a '67-69 model.

My last two cars were foxbodies, and I haven't messed with a classic Mustang in almost 20 years. I'm shopping around for a car now and am fairly confident in my ability to spot the usual stuff (rust, poor workmanship, non-matching numbers, etc), but would feel a lot better about dropping $10K on a car if I had a qualified mechanic and disinterested 3rd party tell me it was in decent shape first. I know there are a few speed shops in the area, but I'm specifically looking for someone who's very knowledgeable about the '65-70 models. I'm not looking to buy a concours car, but I need someone who can spot unoriginal parts and who knows the problem areas of these cars.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a shop in the Seattle area (or East Side) that knows classic Mustangs like the back of their hand?

• Sponsors (?)