see my mods, 13.97 @ 106 mph, damn!

• Sponsors (?)

:owned: haha everytime I see someone use a gtech I laugh, but ive heard their accuate. Either way, 106mph is good for mid to low 12's with traction, now take in the error of the gtech and I think you should be running faster, but its decent.

106 will not get you low 12s without an extremely light car or a miracle... My car runs good numbers for the low mph and doubt it will ever clip a low 12 with that mph. Not to mention a Gtech measures mph at the exact 1/4 mark, and the track measures it over the last 60' of the track. The Gtech will be a mph or two high on average from what friends of mine have seen.

Also without real track numbers its hard to say. Spinning tires will throw the Gtech off and especially if your on a bad road. Id say dont worry much about these numbers until you get to a real track. Use a Gtech to see what a new mod will do on the same road and such, but I wouldnt use it to judge how fast a car is compared to another!

25thmustang said:
106 will not get you low 12s without an extremely light car or a miracle... My car runs good numbers for the low mph and doubt it will ever clip a low 12 with that mph. Not to mention a Gtech measures mph at the exact 1/4 mark, and the track measures it over the last 60' of the track. The Gtech will be a mph or two high on average from what friends of mine have seen.

Also without real track numbers its hard to say. Spinning tires will throw the Gtech off and especially if your on a bad road. Id say dont worry much about these numbers until you get to a real track. Use a Gtech to see what a new mod will do on the same road and such, but I wouldnt use it to judge how fast a car is compared to another!

What he said.

Gtech's can be thrown off from many different scenarios...mph can increase or decrease. Time can increase or decrease. The track would give you a better scenario of what you might like.

i used to play with a gtech all the time when i had my camaro. The 1/4 time was right. I was always around 13.7to 14.0 on the gtech and track. But at the track my mph was always 101 and the gtech was always about 107.