Self-Tuners come on in!!!

Since I've bought my first stang i always wanted to learn how to work on it. Well that is done the only thing i don't know how to do is put in a gear! Lol :rolleyes:

I always wanted to learn how to tune my car. I have friends that are tuners that will help me on the dyno but i wanna learn some stuff before i go in there. I figure if i blow the motor big deal i'll get another one and put it in that week. But don't wanna blow it lol. I do have a understan of air/fuel, spark, timing, WOT , etc....

So far its a stock 98 GT auto with a D1sc, running 12psi, full exhaust, running TR6 plugs, and svt focus pump. I tuned it a lil with the diablo but i'm waiting for that other diablo part to come in so i can hook it up to a laptop and log it.

What are the first things you guys did? First thing i need to adjust is my LTFT becase its set at stock and when i left off after hitting it and just roll car goes 10.0 and bogs and corrects its self.

Taking notes here!!! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, adjust the AF, then you can dial in the timing more precisely. You might want to search or ask what kind of total timing you'll be able to run on 12psi and pump gas. The AF ratio is fairly flexible, and long as it is at or below 12.5:1, you are probably safe. Get too aggressive with the timing and no matter how rich it is, you'll hurt the internals. That's why I said find out about what kind of total timing you can run on 12psi and pump gas. Be careful how fast you lead into the total timing at WOT too. It is easy to add too much mid range timing and hurt something.

Nice thanks for the start!!! All my crap comes in friday and i might get the car at the shop sunday depending if my friend wants to get his lazy ass up and open shop. But as for my a/f my friends like keeping there cars at 11.3 on wot. If i get confused i'm going to have my friend take over.