Selling my '66 - how much should I ask for?

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about selling my 66 sprint 200 and looking for advice on value.

I bought it from a mechanic about 5 years ago who rebuilt nearly everything for his son. He was selling it b/c his son was going to college. He had bought it from the original owner who had it in storage for awhile (10-15 yr range), hence the rebuild. It has 98k original miles and around 5k on the rebuild. Car runs great and is driven weekly. The exterior is in near original condition. This car is in great original condition with a beautiful patina.

I can't bring myself to paint her so my ultimate goal is to sell her and invest that money into another stang that I won't feel bad modding. Someone that is into the patina look will be much happier with her.

Details:
- Lived entire life in Northern CA
- 99% Rust free
- Engine and transmission were both rebuilt with less than 5k miles on them.
- All suspension components were replaced
- New tires
- New brakes

Pics attached. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_9352.JPG
    IMG_9352.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9787.JPG
    IMG_9787.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_9789.JPG
    IMG_9789.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9790.JPG
    IMG_9790.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_9791.JPG
    IMG_9791.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about selling my 66 sprint 200 and looking for advice on value.

I bought it from a mechanic about 5 years ago who rebuilt nearly everything for his son. He was selling it b/c his son was going to college. He had bought it from the original owner who had it in storage for awhile (10-15 yr range), hence the rebuild. It has 98k original miles and around 5k on the rebuild. Car runs great and is driven weekly. The exterior is in near original condition. This car is in great original condition with a beautiful patina.

I can't bring myself to paint her so my ultimate goal is to sell her and invest that money into another stang that I won't feel bad modding. Someone that is into the patina look will be much happier with her.

Details:
- Lived entire life in Northern CA
- 99% Rust free
- Engine and transmission were both rebuilt with less than 5k miles on them.
- All suspension components were replaced
- New tires
- New brakes

Pics attached. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
More pics..

Attachments

• IMG_9792.JPG
    IMG_9792.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_9793.JPG
    IMG_9793.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_9794.JPG
    IMG_9794.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: 1 user
She’s a beauty.
As far as value goes- I dunno :shrug:
Different markets/area demand different prices. As well as options/trim packages/overall condition etc effect price. Have you checked around in your area to see what similar condition mustangs have sold for?

Hagerty's says 20k for a '66 289, but that doesn't mean you'll actually get that for it, usually the price goes less. But then again I also don't know anything about the market it Cali as the above poster said. Maybe you can get 15-16 for it? I definitely wouldn't take less than 12...