Questionable Trade for 67- How crazy am I?

• Sponsors (?)

Without a doubt there is rust underneath, the floorboards were replaced by a Neanderthal with a pop rivet gun and a gallon of seam sealer. I won't have the car back to my house until early September when I can start taking things apart to see how extensive the damage is. Torque boxes at the very least. Cowl and floorboards are likely. How much of the frame rails and rockers will yet to be seen.

Looking forward to learning to weld. :oops:

I love the fact this project is gonna push your skills forward.

My first car when I was 15 was a MG so you already know I'm a glutton for punishment.

'And just down the street the shifter fell out into my hand, again.'

I'll take famous MG quotes for 200$, Alex

Before you dig all the rust and poor repairs out of this thing, keep in mind the option of washing it off, getting it running and punting it is out there too. Sorry to see that you found hidden suprises.

Before you dig all the rust and poor repairs out of this thing, keep in mind the option of washing it off, getting it running and punting it is out there too. Sorry to see that you found hidden suprises.

I’m the kind of person that would rather know what I have by doing it myself.

They weren’t as hidden as I didn’t want to see them. :O_o:

Do you really think I could turn this and get the same thing in better condition?

As of now I’m out zero cash. Even if I spend $10-20k I’m still ahead of the game. Right?

Last edited:
Those are all valid points. I was just over here feeling bad for you in case what you got was a lot worse than what you thought you were getting. Seen it happen too many times.

Those are all valid points. I was just over here feeling bad for you in case what you got was a lot worse than what you thought you were getting. Seen it happen too many times.

This was the one that made me feel better. If this was worth $4550 to someone how badly could I have done? I doubt I could have sold the Corvette for that much. I still think I'm ahead of the game. Don't correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Would I have liked to have gotten a running complete Mustang convertible? Sure, but not at that trade value. It's not like I thought I was going to be able to drive it home.

In the end I got the perfect car for me for the given situation.

Reactions: 1 user
No floor boards check!
Rotten top that isn't worth anything check!
Rust coming through the quarters check!
Hasn't ran in 20 years check!

I mean what more could you ask for in a car. When you're ready to stop just put your feet down like the Flintstones do!

Odd