Selling my '87 347 stroker GT...what do you think it's worth???

mjh304

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2000
Clearwater, Florida
It's time to sell my baby...I know how much money I put into it :)bang: ) and my credit cards reflect that...but how much do you think I can get for it??? Thanks for any thoughts...

1987 Mustang GT
-Black exterior, Grey Interior
-Power Door Locks
-Power Lumbar Support
-Cruise Control

ENGINE: Blueprinted and Balanced 347 Stroker (Have ALL Paperwork)
Block: Stock Block Bored .030, clearanced for stroker, completely checked for flaws (Jensen's Engine Tech., Nescopeck PA 570-379-3069)
Crank: Scat 3.400 Forged
Rods: Scat 5.400 Forged H-Beam
Pistons: SRP Forged with JE Low Tension Rings
Heads: World Windsor Jr., Manley O/S Springs, 4-Angle Valve Job, Bowl Blend V-job Into Ports, Port Match Interior Side, Relieve and Polish Chambers
Camshaft: Crower 15513 (Intake: Dur - 288* Lift - .512) (Exhaust: Dur - 298* Lift - .530)
Roller Rockers: Harland Sharp 1.6, 7/16" stud
Roller Lifters: Crane Cams Hydraulic
Pushrods: Ford Motorsport Hardened
Timing Chain set: Cloyes Double Roller
ARP Bolts throughout
All Fel-Pro Gaskets
Edelbrock Elite Tall Valve Covers
Energy Suspension Motor Mounts

INTAKE / FUEL:
Mass Air Computer for '89 Mustang Brand New From Advance Auto Parts (5-speed)
Explorer GT40 style Upper and Lower Intake
3/8" Thermal Intake Spacer (GT40)
Ford Motorsport 65mm Throttle Body
Ford Motorsport 70mm Mass Air Meter
K&N Air Filter

BBK 155lph In-tank Fuel Pump
Kirben Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Ford Motorsport 30# Fuel Injectors

EXHAUST:
MAC 1 5/8" Equal Length Shorty Headers
Ford Racing 2 1/2" Off-road H-Pipe
-2 Brand New Oxygen Sensors
MAC 2 1/2" Cat-back system

DRIVETRAIN:
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
- New Clutch Cable
Tremec 3550 Transmission with Required Bellhousing
- Energy Suspension Tranny Mount
Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter
Ford Motorsport Aluminum Driveshaft
Driveshaft Safety Loop (NHRA approved)
3.73 gears

SUSPENSION:
KYB Gas-a-just shocks and quad shocks in Rear
Tokico Struts in Front
Ford Motorsport "C" springs all around
Double Cross Subframe Connectors (Welded)
Energy Suspension Sway Bar End Links
Energy Suspension Pinion Snubber

ELECTRICAL:
MSD 6AL Ignition Box
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD Spark Plug Wires
Ford Racing Mini-Starter
Moroso Battery Disconnect Switch on Rear Bumper (NHRA approved)

INTERIOR:
Gauges: All Auto Meter Ultra-lite Series Electric. Custom made gauge cluster in place of stock cluster. *Have very detailed wire diagrams.
-Speedometer: 3 3/8" Electric - (Can Calibrate at any time to make up for tire size change, rear end, etc. -No speedo gear change needed)
-Fuel Level
-Oil Pressure
-Water Temp.
-Voltmeter
-5" Autogage ProGauge Tachometer with Adjustable Shift Light (Not in gauge cluster)

Stereo System:-Headunit: Alpinestar CDA-9851 (3 Pre-amp Outputs, Seperate Sub. control, MP3 capabilities, Ready for iPod, Remote Control)
-Front Dash - Infinity Kappa 3 1/2"
-Front Doors - Kenwood eXcelon 6 1/2"
-Rear - Kenwood eXcelon 6" x 9"

Relocated Battery to Trunk (Moroso NHRA approved sealed box)
Aluminum "GT" Pedals
Ford Racing Leather Shift Knob
Black Floor Mats with Pony Logo

EXTERIOR:
17" 4-Lug Cobra R Chrome Wheels
Nitto 555 Tires (255/40/ZR17 all around)
All New Weather Striping
New 6-piece Head Light Set
New Fog Lights
LX Tail Lights

Misc:
Mr. Gasket Line Lock kit (locks up front wheels only for burnouts and launches)
- Toggle switch with indicator light mounted on side of gauge cluster housing (over shifter)
Code Alarm System with pushbutton Lock/Unlock
Brand New Master Cylinder
New Brake Pads
New Alternator
Short Serp. Belt
ALSO INCLUDED:
-Brand New Power Window Kit New In Box - ready to be installed
-Actron Code Scanner (reads error codes in computer to help diagnose problems)
-Chilton's Repair Manual
-Book: Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control
-Book: Mustang 5.0 Technical Reference & Performance Handbook
-My own folder of very detailed and thorough notes, diagrams, thoughts, etc. from the engine rebuilds, etc.
-Most instruction manuals for the aftermarket parts
*Removed all air conditioning components for weight savings (still have them)
*Removed heater hoses to heater core to clean up engine compartment
*Removed all EGR components to clean up engine compartment

• Sponsors (?)

I have a bunch of pics, but they are all about 1g in file size each...StangNet will only let me post something 78kb or smaller!! I can e-mail some to you if you'd like...I'm not very computer inclined to post them on a web site. Don't even know if my ISP offers any web space. ????????????

mjh304 said:
I have a bunch of pics, but they are all about 1g in file size each...StangNet will only let me post something 78kb or smaller!! I can e-mail some to you if you'd like...I'm not very computer inclined to post them on a web site. Don't even know if my ISP offers any web space. ????????????

Please do send some pics! Just click on my username and send me an email with photos of exterior, interior, engine compartment and undercaraige (if you got those). Much appreciated!

I sent some pics to uneverkno to post.
The car is in excellent condition! Very reliable. Very fast! (In my opinion) I am a very maticulous person and want everything done right the first time. I had the car on a dyno in New Jersey before I put on the off road H Pipe. (Still had the stock H Pipe with the 4 cats on it) and it put down 321.5 horse power and 336 LfBt of Torque. Calculated with 18% loss it comes out to about 392 horse and 409 torque before the H Pipe upgrade. Once I put on the off road H Pipe, it opened up a whole new world of power...but I have no clue how much. all I know is that it spins through first and second gear like crazy... and will occasionally spin 3rd (or at least chirp it). It's a fun car to drive! :( I'm going to miss it!!!:(

Here you go
87gt0ew14du.jpg

87gt18mv.jpg

87gt26dh.jpg

Attachments

• 87gt0ew14du.jpg
    87gt0ew14du.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 86
  • 87gt18mv.jpg
    87gt18mv.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 87
  • 87gt26dh.jpg
    87gt26dh.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
I'm trying to sell it ASAP, but I want to get a decent price for it. I have a subwoofer and amps and all the wires in it that I need to take out, that's why I haven't posted it yet (need to find the time to actually do it!) Once I do that and get the headunit hooked up normally with all 6 speakers, I'll be set to post it and have it ready to take home. I just wanted opinions on how much I could get for it. I was thinking in the 9 - 10 range, but wasn't sure. Thank you for everyone's comments. And if anyone is interested please email me if you want to come check it out. I'm going to go the free routes in selling it first (local paper, craigs list, StangNet, etc.) before I do an eBay auction. If you want the asking price I would say it's in the 10K range. And if I can get motivated from a hard week of work, I'll get the stereo situated this weekend and have the car ready go by next week.

well lets put it this way, i paid 8500 for whats in my sig. about 3k on the engine and i think like 8-10 on transmission etc.. when i bought it, so im sure yours can net something near that. but then ive heard these cars go for different prices in different parts of the country so i dont know, just depends if theres someone out there looking for a car like that with gas prices the way they are, goodluck man.

just for anyone who was wondering, or someone searching on this topic, I ended up getting $7,000 for my baby. It's now in Georgia and I got a Honda Accord to comute into Tampa every day to work :rolleyes: . It's awesome having air conditioning again and the automatic is GREAT in daily traffic! ...Am I growing up!!!??? :bang: Thanks again for all the comments!