Sensor Problem....help please

My check engine light came on a while back and I already knew it was the sensor because I put an x-pipe on with no MIL eliminators. I installed the steeda plug-in eliminators and the light went away........for a while. It's back on so I went to autozone :nonono: for them to use the diagnostic gadget, and it said P0153 bank 2 sensor 1. What's the deal? Do the MIL's not work or what? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

kid_mustango02 said:
My check engine light came on a while back and I already knew it was the sensor because I put an x-pipe on with no MIL eliminators. I installed the steeda plug-in eliminators and the light went away........for a while. It's back on so I went to autozone :nonono: for them to use the diagnostic gadget, and it said P0153 bank 2 sensor 1. What's the deal? Do the MIL's not work or what? :bang:

check ALL the sensors. the ones upfront, and the ones with the MIL eliminators. make sure they're all screwed in tightly, and that the MIL eliminators are plugged in right.

P0153 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Slow Response

Description:
The HEGO Monitor checks the HO2S Sensor frequency and amplitude. If during testing the frequency and amplitude were to fall below a calibrated limit, the test will fail.

Possible Causes:
-Contaminated HO2S sensor.
-Exhaust leaks.
-Shorted /open wiring.
-Improper fueling.
-MAF sensor.
-Deteriorating HO2S sensor.
-Inlet air leaks.

I had the same code a week ago. Found out that I installed my MIL eliminators on the front oxygen sensors (Bank 1). They are suppose to be hooked up to the rear sensors (Bank 2).

I noticed you listed the MAF sensor as one of the causes. Do you think my C&L housing might have something to do with it? All the exhaust is intact. It was all installed in a shop professionally and I watched every move they made. I've always been worried in a way about the C&L housing. Should I take the time to change it out with the stock housing?

im having the same problems.

Picked up the car from getting longtubes,offroad h, catback, plenum/75mm throttle body last saturday. Yesterday, i went and had the car dynoed. car put down low numbers-and was running rich. As soon as i left the shop-friggin CEL came on. Went straight to autozone-and it was slow response from o2 sensor bank2 sensor1. So i replaced that. Drove around for awhile, and that night-CEL comes on again. This morning i went to autozone again. This time-bank 1 sensor 1. SOOO i replaced that one. Then i went back to the dyno to see how my a/f was doing. SAME thing. 11:1 a/f. Then we tried a chip-chip didnt help anything. Well i went on my way, then just a little while ago-CEL comes on AGAIN!!!now both o2 sensors in the front are new, rear pair has MIL eliminators. I supposed ill be heading to autozone for the third time, to see what the light is all about. this **** is aggrivating.

well I took the C&L MAF off and replaced the stock housing. It seems to run smoother now than it did with the C&L on. It kinda sputtered at about 1100 or 1200 rpm during a granny take off and my exhaust sputtered during the deceleration. Now all that went away and everything's smooth. The check engine light is off now, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it to see what happens. I guess I'll keep the C&L for the awesome day I get my KB!!

Ok I'm back with the same problem again. Even after I turned the rear sensors off with my predator tuner, the PO153 code is still coming up. Does anyone know for sure, 100% positive, which sensor this is? (bank 2 sensor 1) Some are saying its a front sensor and some are saying its a back sensor. Your help would be greatly appreciated cause I'm getting annoyed at this even though I'm sure it's something simple......thanks.

I am having the EXACT same problem; running a Bassani O/R X-pipe and Diablo Tuner. Rear O2's are turned off using the tuner, but still pulling P0153. ANYONE that can help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to waste time/money replacing sensors or removing exhaust if I can fix it in one try.

P0153 is Upstream HO2S Circuit Slow Response, Bank 2. This without a doubt is one of the sensors near the engine. Your MIL 's are downstream. You are turning off your downstream sensors with the predator where the MIL's are. That is not where your problem is. You probably broke a wire on one of the two upstream O2 sensors when you installed your x-pipe. I don't know which side is Bank 2. I would buy a new front O2 sensor. I believe they are both the same on the front. They run about $40. If you can't figure out which side is Bank 2, guess. Install the new sensor and clear the code. If it doesn't come back, you guessed right. If it does, install it on the oposite front side.

The question to ask is which side is Bank 2???????????? Is it left or right.
There are four sensors, Upstream Bank 1 and Bank 2, and Downstream Bank 1 and Bank 2.

And most important: put that C&L intake back on. That's not the problem. :bang:

bank 2 is the passenger side. But l am quite sure it is not the sensor/s at all. I have had the same problem. I have switched the sensors, removed pipe etc. I think the problem is in the connection of the mid pipe to the header being not quite sealed and causing turbulence, then causing the sensor to run slow. Sound right anyone?

Well all the newer after market exhausts have a 2 inch insert on the driver side and anything is possible. I have been working on the P0153 code issue for a couple of months so I feel your pain. I was told that a chip/reflash will cure this problem. I am looking into a Predator so I can data log and tune the car.