Votes: 45 91.8%
  • No?

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

0LASERGT1

Can I get a new CT? Something besides BANNED
Feb 25, 2003
Missouri
How many people here have them? are they hard to install? Is it considered rice? Do you like them? Are they expensive? lotsa questions and i got the first pics comin from my new 01 GT soon!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I have them. I got them from Webelectricproducts.com as a gift. They installed pretty easily and are still working great. I do have a little condensation in my right rear tail light but that is my fault for not sealing them up properly. :bang:

Certainly a pretty 'neat' idea, but it has it's flaws.

Thing I don't like about them is the fact when you tap the brakes they do their thing and there might always be the possibility you're confusing the person behind you.

Also, I know someone who has them and it really does look sweet when you're turning but I've noticed the light was much dimmer overall ... unless he wired it incorrectly ... he was just relatively harder to see at night with the dimmed tail lights.

.02c

i had them on my last gt & loved them. i haven't been able to find the card of the guy that gave me my last set, or else i'd have them on this GT. as far as rice..... NO WAY, it was fords idea in the 1st place :D , factory on a 64 thunderbird ;) it's a pretty easy install too. if you know wha your doing you can install them in 30 minutes, if not a hour tops :nice:

Tylerb59 said:
Certainly a pretty 'neat' idea, but it has it's flaws.

Thing I don't like about them is the fact when you tap the brakes they do their thing and there might always be the possibility you're confusing the person behind you.

Also, I know someone who has them and it really does look sweet when you're turning but I've noticed the light was much dimmer overall ... unless he wired it incorrectly ... he was just relatively harder to see at night with the dimmed tail lights.

.02c

The set I have only "do their thing" once when hitting the brakes and then stay on solid as long as you keep your foot on the brake. As for being dim, the set I have actually have made more light because instead of lighting up JUST the outer most two (of three) lights when stock, this system lights up all three lights on turns or braking thereby producing even more light.

As for cost, I got a complete kit with everything I needed two years ago for around $150.00 bucks or so. Very easy install. Go for it! :flag:

I have them and love them. One benefit is the brake lights are much brighter since the kit illuminates the other lamp in the housing on each side; 3 lamps instead of 2.
I got mine from http://www.ponyperformance.com/ . Only $86 (includes shipping). They sequence at the right speed. I've seen others for much more money go real slow. These are perfect. See the "specials" section on this site: http://www.ponyperformance.com/

I have them and love them too, but I was the first person around where I live to have them, now there are 2 other mustangs and an eclipse with them. =[ i paid about 100 for the kit and it came with the modules and extra wire that you do yourself and a new flasher. not hard to do at all.

I have some old Pony Express Performance prototype units. I have had them for about 2 years now. They look really cool.

There is no confusion about stopping with seq taillights since the 3rd light (trunk light) comes on, and the lights only seq out once and stop. It is nothing to worry about.

I heard that PEP may finally be bring them to market.