Serious problems after installing MAF & injectors, need help BAD

• Sponsors (?)

you pulled the dizzy did you check timing on car yet? Is it possible you got bad vacuum leak on lower intake? It would be hard to get the iwring screwed up maybe run the KOEO codes & see if that tells anything.

Keep us posted.

CobraStang95 said:
But why would it have evened out when I unplugged the mass air sensor? shouldn't have been crappy no matter what if it was that..? thanks for the input:flag:
Could be the input from that sensor removed is allowing the computer to to "work" better with the signal it's getting from without the MAF. Incorrect plug wiring is a VERY common problem...mine ran OK..not good...bout same as yours when I managed to cross the wires, can't hurt..may not be right, but hell another option for you to look at.

Problem solved!! haha it was a combo of everything above.. first i had the plug wires set up for a Non HO, like a lincoln or something vs. HO like i should have.. second there was a vacuum hose off on the intake... finally the IAC was full of carbon- sprayed that out and car runs like a champ. Much more responsive and top end is retarded. Seeing as it still has the stock gears (2.73's) the 3.90's that are going on in a month will make this thing really come alive. Thanks for the help everyone!! :flag:

One more question... I thought installing the underdrive pulleys, electric fan and a/c elimination would make it rev way faster, i mean it is a lot more responsive, but when dropping back down to idle it takes a little longerto settle down to around 650-750. Like it will pause around 1200 and 1000 and 800 before settling to idle, is there something i can adjust for this or is that just how it is??? thanks :flag: