Serious problems after installing MAF & injectors, need help BAD

CobraStang95

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
New Jersey
Well today I starting putting all my new parts in, so far I did 24# FRPP injectors, BBK 70mm throttle body, Pro-M 75mm mass air, autolite 25 spark plugs, taylor wires, and MSD cap and rotor. Now I did this all at once, and i when i started it it was all over the place, didnt idle, backfired a few times, and stalled. Tried it again, same thing and i noticed it seemed to be sucking A LOT of air in the intake, because it was really loud. I started it up again with the mass air unplugged and it ran OK, seemed to be skipping a little, but didnt stall, then plugged the mass air back in and 2 seconds later started to sputter and then ***** the bed again. I really hope i don't have a bad mass air sensor, so can anyone send out some suggestions? please? haha, also- i obviously took the intake off to do the injectors, so any idas with a messed up wiring problem, im at a loss. Thanks in advance!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

SPEEDYLIFSAVR said:
Lets start simple here , did you reset the CPU? Is the mass air calibrated to the injectors? Also double check all your vacuum lines coming off the upper intake .
No i didn't reset the CPU. How would i do that? And yes the Mass Air is calibrated for 24's anda a conical filter. Thanks

Reset the computer by disconnecting the battery and pressing on the brake pedal a few times. Then just let it sit for 10 or 15 min to ensure all the KARMFs are cleared.

In addition to the wise posts already, since you did the new TB, if you hold the gas pedal down oh-so-lightly, does it idle better?

If you can get it up to temps, you will have to run through the idle setting procedure, it seems to me.

Good luck.

Well I did the whole installation with the negative terminal disconected , so much for that. And when i give it any gas whatso ever it'll just pop, backfire and go spastic on me, and i really dont want to hurt the engine because obviously something is wrong there. Thanks guys! :flag:

CobraStang95 said:
You've had bad luck with Pro-M? Everyone I know has had problems with C&L and Granetelli so i went with Pro-M
LOL! Think about it. Unless you're a retard (and I'm betting your not) all of the things you have replaced would not cause the problems you are having Except, the mass air. It controls what the injectors do.

Yes, I had a pro -m, biggest piece of crap I ever bought. As soon as I put it on the car I had immediate probelms. Put my stocker back on, problem solved. I run a C&L 76 mm now w/ no issues.

Good luck!!

CobraStang95 said:
Yep, I pretty much know it's that but i was hoping it was some little thing. :Damnit: :doh: :damnit:
I sent mine back for a refund. The problem I see w/ them are the ppl doing the electronics for them. Just don't seem to be consistant. When I had mine, I was lucky enough to still have my 19's in it. Very easy to check. Problem solved. Now I run 30's w/ the C&L.

Hope you work it out!:nice:

CobraStang95 said:
I bought mine from Brothers performance, should i talk to them about it or just send it straight to pro-m? im just going to get a new pro-m, but what do u think.
Your call, but why would you get another of the same brand? To much shipping back and forth for me. Another reason I went with C&L. Just buy a $30.00 sample tube to upgrade intead of spending $100.00+ dollars plus shipping plus down time for a recal. Just doesn't seem practical or cost efficient!

On another note , since you changed the cap/rotor/wires/and plugs. Have you checked to make sure your wires are all in the right spots? Also are you positive you put the new rotor in the correct position?

If it where me i would double check all my work before sending off parts.

DMAN302 said:
Firing order is incorrect when installing new cap. make sure to use the HO firing order or the car will run...exactly as you've indicated.
But why would it have evened out when I unplugged the mass air sensor? shouldn't have been crappy no matter what if it was that..? thanks for the input:flag: