service engine light ?

mustangkid05

Mar 10, 2006
i did the search but didnt get the specific answer

my service engine light been on for about 3 weeks & its because i just put an o/r h on and the mil eliminators i bought i guess they didnt work and the ? i am asking is

will it hurt my engine in anyway because the service engine light is on?

thanks alot:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

service engine light trouble

alright your check engine light is on for a catalyst insuf. correct, if it is then your comp. goes into limp mode (factory preset systems under normal driving conditions)anytime your check engine light comes on, so if your racing or trying to get peak performance out of you car its not gonna happen till you get it fixed. i know because i installed o/r x pipe no cats on my 97gt and the light come on and i couldnt get the dyno tunes until i got the mil elims. to get the light to go off.(oh by the way ive got a lot of experience with diagostic and tunning on 96 and newer cars

service engine light trouble

alright your check engine light is on for a catalyst insuf. correct, if it is then your comp. goes into limp mode (factory preset systems under normal driving conditions)anytime your check engine light comes on, so if your racing or trying to get peak performance out of you car its not gonna happen till you get it fixed. i know because i installed o/r x pipe no cats on my 97gt and the light come on and i couldnt get the dyno tunes until i got the mil elims. to get the light to go off.(oh by the way ive got a lot of experience with diagostic and tunning on 96 and newer cars.

97gt
bbk true cold air kit, basani o/rx no cats, pro5.0 powertower shifter, 2 chamber flowmaster, 2.5in exhaust w/ dumps, 4.10s, 5speed, kingcobra clutch,underdrive pulleys, steeda cable quad. and adjuster, cobra nose and decklid w/ wing, more mods soon...

my 98 has not gone into limp mode. i had the light on when i did a high performance driving event at buttonwillow. about an hour and a half of on track time driving the living piss out of my car and no lost performance or drivability. i even had an AIX driver drive my car around the track and the only thing he noticed was the coilovers werent corner weighted properly.

I didnt think mine went into any type of limp mode either. Never really felt any different, and honestly I probably didnt notice it because the gain from the midpipe helped to offset the loss in power. Then a guy (master ford tech if I must add, races as well), told me that I needed to get MILs cause I was killing my power if I didnt. Sure enough when I got them in and the roads dried up enough after it had rained a few days and I could get on it, the difference was very evident in higher RPMs in 3rd/4th gear, and it was barking the tires harder.

service engine light

well i noticed on mine that when would shift at 5 5500 rpms my car would back fire the i got the mils put on and engine light off i dont do it no more so all im sayin is if your service engine light is on in your ride its NOT going to run efficiently

pretty sure that cant make the car limp, could be wrong though. mine is always on and my afr stays the same with or without the light. also, cant feel any significant difference. Need some light on track times and light off track times haha

my god yall all about bustin someones balls, you wont notice a difference in hp cause its only like 12 to 18 youll lose. limp mode is a term that mechs. use to define that the car is not running efficiently, when sensors go bad the engine relys on factory settings that are factory stored and the comp. sends the sig. for the light to come on and the factory settings are as if your were driving the car like a sane person all the and we all know mustangs arent for sane people and are to be drivin like they were made to be drivin "fast and hard"