SES Light On

saleen137

Nov 11, 2003
Bellflower
Alright I'm getting pretty freakin pissed about having this light on. My whole issue was that this muffler shop installed my MIL's up front instead of the rears. So they were pulled from the front o2 sensors and placed in the rears. They reset the ECU and now the SES light has once again came back on. I'm guessing with in 1-2 days from the reset of the ECU.

Could there be something that I'm missing here? Maybe one of the o2 sensors was damaged during the install. I guess my only choice is to get the codes pulled. Does anyone know how much Kragen or Autozone charge to pull the code?

• Sponsors (?)

i had issues with the MIL Elims as well, my final resolution was to use my diablo predator to disable all the rear o2 stuff, which i should have done in the first place but i forgot it had these features.

Thanks... My girl has my car at the moment since her car was totaled last weekend by a drunk driver. She informed me yesterday that the light came on and she was worried something was wrong with the car. As soon as we purchase a new car I'll head to Autozone and get the code pulled and see what's going on and post here to see what the code is.

thomas91169
I don't have the diablo predator to do this but I'm sure it will be a great investment. I'm just getting fustrated with this car because I've had nothing but problems since I had the exhaust and h-pipe installed. I'm sure it's not serious but It still bugs to have that light on.

There's really nothing for him to raise hell about. They installed some aftermarket parts that most reputable exhaust shops wouldn't touch. Furthermore, I'm sure they told him "there's no warranty or anything on this stuff."

If he didn't provide them with directions, or clearly tell them "These go on the REAR o2 sensors" then it's not their fault. They don't have to get on google and research how they are installed, they probably did it all as a side job anyway.

There's really nothing for him to raise hell about. They installed some aftermarket parts that most reputable exhaust shops wouldn't touch. Furthermore, I'm sure they told him "there's no warranty or anything on this stuff."

If he didn't provide them with directions, or clearly tell them "These go on the REAR o2 sensors" then it's not their fault. They don't have to get on google and research how they are installed, they probably did it all as a side job anyway.

They did do it under the table and there was no warranty. Although I must disagree with the directions part. They had detailed instructions on how to install them as the MIL came with instructions. I'm guessing they placed the instructions to the side and did it their way.

you gotta get the codes checked man, and to help with code defs. your codes should read something like, catalyst insufficiency sensor 2, bank 1and2, that should tell you if its the mils or not

Alright bro... Thanks... I'll prob get the car back soon since we just made an offer on a 2002 BMW 745 I... so if the guy takes it... I should have it back in 2 weeks or so.