Several questions, would appreciate help!!!

Kurtis

Jul 4, 2003
Hopefully you guys can help.

First of all what brand underdrive pulleys should I get? march, ford motorsport, steeda, or bbk? Does it matter?

Second, how much HP and torque is expected at the rear wheels with these mods:

Edelbrock Performer 5.0 Cylinder Heads
Ford E-303 Camshaft
Ford 1.7 Roller Rockers
UPR Smog Pump Eliminator
Underdrive Pulleys
PA 130 Amp Alternator
Edelbrock Performer 5.0 Intake Manifold
MSD 6A Ignition Box
Edelbrock 70mm Throttle Body
BBK Cold Air Induction (Fenderwell)
C&L 76mm Mass Airflow Meter
BBK LT Headers with 1 3/4" primaries
Dr. Gas Off Road X-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back System
Tremec T-5 tranny
Pro 5.0 Shifter
3.73's

Third, how much horses would adding exhaust cutouts to bypass the mufflers(such as Flowtech Race Readies) add to this? 5? 10? None?

And last, after all of these mods, what do you recommend adding (not necessarily for more power, but just to upgrade, such as injectors, fuel pump, etc.)?

Thank you VERY much.

:damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

Check out this article. http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2002/03/coldair/index1.shtml
According to it, there is no gain from the cold air intake. When I put one on my 97 GT, I noticed a difference(not huge) but maybe the 5.0s react differently. The underdrive pulleys net more of a gain for the 5.0s than the 4.6s. I have March pulleys.Couldn't tell you which are better. The shop I go to put them on(Springfield Motorsport).My father has a 93 vert with GT40 heads and intake, E303 cams, Headers, I think a 77mm Pro-m, 3.55s and he's at about 285 to the wheels. The car will go sideways in 3rd. He's trapping 100 mph in the 1/4 but he's on street tires so his times aren't great.

Most underdrive pully kits are good but ive heard nothing but good things about the march set. With that setup your prob lookin at right around 300 at the wheels but you'll never know till it goes on the dyno. I dont know about your cut-out question, I wouldnt think it would help that much at all. Good luck with it....

the brand for the u/d's doesn't really matter...just my opinion. Just get the cheapest ones, they are all basically the same. After all those mods, you should def. get 24# injectors, and a bigger fuel pump, fmu.

How about the "brilliant blue finish" of the ford pullies? Do they fade or flake?

Also, would 30 lb. fuel injectors be too much to add? Is 24 lb. fine? And would at what lph should a new fuel pump be for this setup? Should I get a fuel pressure regulator as well? And is a new fan and radiator recommended?

I know I'm rambling but thanks alot!

I have powder coated BBK ones and once the belt wears through the powder coating they surface rust under the powder coating and it flakes off. Not much of a big deal to me because it doesn't affect the funcionality but just something to keep in mind. Aluminum would be the way to go if i did it again.
Kevin

Although i can't speak from experience, I've heard the different brands do make a huge difference, as they can make the difference between overheating and undercharging problems and not having those problems. Your cutting the speed these operate at, so a poorly engineered piece is gonna give you big troubles. I've also heard a lot of good about march