chilsam

Jul 13, 2022
cent ill
Just got my SHAKER intercooler scoop done...luv it
1685698889647.png
1685698947529.png

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Main things I need to do is build the shaker mount and ducting to the air filter box. Then the bodywork and paint. I built the hood and built the scoop.

Reactions: 1 user
I attempted a bolt on approach ,I was going to fab brackets "ol wrenches n sockets" running from the intercooler brackets on front n back with a piece of block plastic but you would HAVE to have the plastic block machined and that was cost prohibitive. I ended up using a piece of foundation insulation I snagged off of a job site from the trash bin. Then shaped it to my needs in cut n radiused a channel in the center to duct the cool air to the intercooler. I coated it with EPOXY resin and used concrete control joint n crack sealer "NP1" to mount it to intercooler n scoop to spacer. That stuff is STRONG !

My mount and ducting will have to look something like what the 03/04 Mach 1's had. I have to support my scoop over the intake and duct back to the air box.

I smell what your stepping in...I researched that type, early 70's mustang, torino n even mopar shakers b4 starting. Mine is much simpler as I only wanted to duct air to intercooler as with SVO n T-Coupes...is that a modd SVO hood on your car or did u fab the NACA duct up from scratch ?...It looks GREAT !