Shattered my gears *PICS*

Pitch Black

Jul 17, 2004
TX
Some of you know I just had to have a new rear end put in (completely new diff put in because of $$$). Anyway, here's what came out, knocked off every single tooth on the gear....yikes

brokengear.jpg

brokengear2.jpg

brokengear3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Those were stock gears. I just have a plain old lightly modded 03 GT 5spd. Im pushing probably around 245-250rwhp. It really was a result of my stupidity. I was fooling around showing off a few week ago, revving and dropping the clutch too high (I know, STUPID!)...and something popped. Then, instead of taking it in, I drove around with it like that until I went to the track. I finally tore it all to hell on the first run during the burnout. Didnt even get to go down the track :rlaugh:

I actually didnt mind it, because now I've got 4.10s!! And yes, it sounded nasty. A REALLY loud "metal-on-metal rattling"

Pitch Black said:
I actually didnt mind it, because now I've got 4.10s!! And yes, it sounded nasty. A REALLY loud "metal-on-metal rattling"
i like the way you think...i think that way too. you know what they say....If it broke its because it was crap anyway! :nice: I ripped my POS t-45 tranny to hell a few months ago...now i had a reason get a tremec 3550 :D

6Stang7 said:
Poor side spider gears, you really did a number on them! :nice: When I blew my diff out, I ended up destroying the ring and pinion gear (among other things).
pinion_gear1.jpg

pinion_gear2.jpg

Damn. Yeah, the mechanic said he's never seen a diff as bas as mine was....I only got that one spider gear back....the others were in pieces and had no use for them :shrug:

Pitch Black said:
Damn. Yeah, the mechanic said he's never seen a diff as bas as mine was....I only got that one spider gear back....the others were in pieces and had no use for them :shrug:

Atleast you have a pic of it. When people ask what I have done to my car, I can always show them those pics, plus those of a piston in about 98374568134765198345 peices, a bent connecting rod, and a valve that is now a little peice of smahed metal. I'm soon to add some tranny gears to the little bang. :(