She’s getting some love (long overdue)

SVTCobrapilot

Feb 20, 2023
Had some down time so decided to start “fixing” her up(not really fixing) she’s in great shape for a 30yo car. #2341 1993 Cobra. Did the map pocket delete. Hated those damn things and new hatch lift shocks. Got a bunch of small thing’s coming . New coil cover and decals, hood prop holder and a few small interior pieces. I will be changing out the center console to the one with cup holders from LMR. Needs a new headliner but it’s difficult to find a opal gray vinyl one. I’m probably going to have to get a the titanium one. At least most of the interior is simple to find just like all mustangs.
30219594-DC8B-42DC-9281-622DD37D27D0.jpeg
7076E899-9B3D-4237-9E60-8D919738F866.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

A8A2636C-FCC8-4251-868F-2EBF2D81CB1A.jpeg
21904531-82B4-461C-B7C3-419CDED79C39.jpeg
DD5CAEB4-878A-417F-8E16-F46FED05087A.jpeg
5B0D328D-A5D8-413E-BA07-A2064600B8E0.jpeg
Apparently the water pump got jealous and started crying today. Looks like the seal between the back plate and housing gave out. Guess it can only last so long. It was the OE pump so can’t really be upset. The worm clamps(that’s what I call them) are stamped ford also never seen that before(or just never looked). Now if I could find the previous owner to slap the mess out of him for using a whole damn tube of blue RTV on the thermostat/housing ‍♂️

Sucks about that leak but I’m sure you’ll get it. And yes…… those clamps with the Ford logo are OEM stuff. Probably better than anything you can buy today.

Question for you on the headliner. Does your headliner have a foam backing or is the vinyl glued straight to the board? If it has foam, can you tell how thick it is?

My 89 sunroof car needs the headliner replaced but I do not know if it came with foam or not.

Thank you

Question for you on the headliner. Does your headliner have a foam backing or is the vinyl glued straight to the board? If it has foam, can you tell how thick it is?

My 89 sunroof car needs the headliner replaced but I do not know if it came with foam or not.

Thank you
It definitely had some kind of padding between the vinyl and the board. Not much tho maybe 1/16-8th in

Yes, there is about a 1/8" layer of foam between the headliner material and the backing board. When i recovered my headliner using generic black vinyl, i had to scrape off that foam layer as it was creating adhesion problems.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, I have read different things from different threads. I have what is left from my 89 and it does look like there was some foam residue left but there is nothing I can see with any thickness left. I am trying to avoid getting something to thin and then see gaps between the headliner material and moldings and dome light when everything is installed etc. And then if it is too thick I am not sure if it would cause issues in the opening?

Thanks, I have read different things from different threads. I have what is left from my 89 and it does look like there was some foam residue left but there is nothing I can see with any thickness left. I am trying to avoid getting something to thin and then see gaps between the headliner material and moldings and dome light when everything is installed etc. And then if it is too thick I am not sure if it would cause issues in the opening?
Just get a whole new headliner from LMR. it’s comes with the back board and all.

You won’t see a gap. I recovered mine in a thin cloth the first time. It all fits together very well.

Basically scrapped my board down to flat, and then some 3M super 77 spray adhesive and maybe $20 in material from local crafts store. Get a sharp razor ready and trim in the car after install. I have a sunroof as well, and was pretty easy.

I’ve done it twice, as I later wanted to go back to the OE style vinyl.