Shelby style deck lid for a 66?

Fredo

Nov 10, 2003
Byers,Co
Where is the best place to purchase a fiberglass Shelby style deck lid and quarter panel extensions for a 66? I have seen them in Mustang Plus but I heard the quality is not to good? Can anyone help? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang Depot carries both Maier and Fiberglass Specialities. I have heard that the FS stuff is a much better fit with their hoods - I would call and see if they have gotten much feed back on the trunk decks. - http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Fiberglass/fiberglass_trunk_lids.htm

My deck lid is a Maier product and it cost me an arm and a leg to get the fit correct - I would not buy the same product again.

Tim

I got mine from Mustangs plus and the fit was awfull, lots of work to make the parts fit properly. I have not had problems with anything else from Muatangs plus but i would try elsewhere for f'glass bits in future to try for better quality.

Marshall

I got mine from Tony Branda. He has someone making them for him, so you might find the same brand elsewhere, the gel coat is thick, and it is maroon in color. It took eight months to get, (although they told me that when I ordered it) it wasn't cheap, around 600.00, but bolted right on and fit perfectly after a few minutes of adjustments. You also might want to check out the rear trunk and end caps used in the E2 kit.