D

then going back up it was

D
OD
N
N
R
P

I studied and started to mess with that bolt and the groove.
What i did was, i put the tranny in N with the shifter as is.
then i unhooked the cable from the groove groove, and put the shifter into N

Hooked it back and it still wont work. I'm pretty sure its where its supposed to be, but i did notice one thing, i had a friend ratchet the hammer back as i watched and i think that the cable somehow isnt pulling the lever far enough to get out of R and into N, resulting in my 2 reverses and 2 Ns.

Any suggestions???

• Sponsors (?)

In all honesty after dealing with two hammers in customers cars the best thing you can do with it is eBay it and put a stock shifter back in. They are absolutely positively junk. Had one customer have me install one, then uninstall it the next week. He couldn't get it out of his driveways three point turn around.

The cable doesn't stretch on these. Basicly the ratio's aren't quite right and it hits the gears most of the time.

I usually just remove the gate on the factory shifter and rework it so you can shift from 1'st to 2nd without it hitting drive until you let off the thumb button, then push it again into third without being able to push it into nuetral. Takes about two hours to fab and works very well.

Of course it does nothing for the AOD's demented shifting when ever it wants to.

Jamie