Shifter and Trans Vibration at high RPM...

Ok, well... I'm not going to really start pushing the issue until I replace the clutch and she's still doing it...

But this is what's happening:

If I drive, and I start to accelerate and raise in RPM (Usually around 3K+)... The shifter will shake pretty severely and the car will then feel the same vibration. It's pretty intense. Now I do have poly mounts all over. I'm wondering if that's normal... but part of me doesn't think so.

The reason I think this may be clutch related, is because I feel the flywheel warpage. I also know the clutch is not grabbing as well as she used to. I'm thinking I should replace the clutch first before I even attempt to diagnose this issue.

I just wanted to see what you guys on here thought... Drive line? Gears? Trans? I'll attempt to rev the motor in neutral to see if I get the same vibration. Although I'm pretty sure it's drivetrain related.

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

My 95 cobra was doing that when i got it. It was vibrating pretty bad once you got up some speed, come to find out it was my front U-joint. It had alot of play in it and i was suprised it hadnt already went out. Give it a look at, shake the driveshaft and see how much play is in it.

Replaced the UJoints. FEELS LIKE A NEW CAR! WOO HOO! I'm really happy with it. I replaced them with some Duralast ones. I want to replace them with some better once once I do the clutch. But damn... yeah, I replaced them and felt the difference at 100ft of driving.