Shifter for AOD?

wgpaintballer

Oct 7, 2005
I want to put a aftermarket shifter in my aod.. rite now it has a baumann shiftkit and a 3000 stall and a transcooler coming soon.. umm i want a aftermarket one and something that looks cool.. i was looking at like the hurst quaterstick shifter i think.. can i still put it in D and cruise or do i always have to shift for myself.. cause i still want the option to put it in D and leave it alone.. also any pics?

• Sponsors (?)

wgpaintballer said:
I want to put a aftermarket shifter in my aod.. rite now it has a baumann shiftkit and a 3000 stall and a transcooler coming soon.. umm i want a aftermarket one and something that looks cool.. i was looking at like the hurst quaterstick shifter i think.. can i still put it in D and cruise or do i always have to shift for myself.. cause i still want the option to put it in D and leave it alone.. also any pics?

The B&M Hammer shifter is the only aftermarket shifter for a Mustang AOD that fits in your console and looks factory. Its a nice shifter.

The shifter has absolutely nothing to do with the shift characteristics of your tranny though. The shift kit you installed will determine shift firmness and shift points. All the shifter does is select gears. If you put the shifter in D and your tranny allows full automatic shifting then it will shift as it should.