Shifter installed! Now bad vibration!

FoxRod87

Feb 1, 2006
Carolina
We just installed a new pro 50 shifter in my buddies 96 cobra. Now at around 50-55 mph it has a bad vibration. The whole car vibrates. It didn't do it before. Is the transmission going out or what? We are going to put the stock shifter back in, in a couple of days and see what happens. Just wanted some thoughts on this. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

did you guys remove the drive shaft at all without marking it?

I hope they wouldnt take out the DS for a shifter install, lol.

I dont beleive they are specifically balanced either, so it shouldnt need to mate up the way it was taken off.

Hmm... id ask if you have a shifter for a T-3650 instead of a T-45 but I dont think you would even be able to get it in gear.

Anything fall in there? The little plastic "cup" on the bottom end of the shifter still attached? I dont think that would cause that issue though.

I hope they wouldnt take out the DS for a shifter install, lol.

I dont beleive they are specifically balanced either, so it shouldnt need to mate up the way it was taken off.

Hmm... id ask if you have a shifter for a T-3650 instead of a T-45 but I dont think you would even be able to get it in gear.

Anything fall in there? The little plastic "cup" on the bottom end of the shifter still attached? I dont think that would cause that issue though.

just making sure there wasnt any additional work done. A lot of times peeps on here will post problems without telling the whole story of what thyey modified because they dont think it would matter.

just making sure there wasnt any additional work done. A lot of times peeps on here will post problems without telling the whole story of what thyey modified because they dont think it would matter.

Yep, clarification always makes things easier to access..:nice:

On the t-5 and the t-45 there isn't a plastic cup on the bottom like the 3650. Its just metal.

Im 99% sure mine had the cup when I did my shifter install... its a T-45.