Drivetrain Shifter vibration on acceleration in World Class T5

utemachine

Nov 7, 2015
I took my 89 to a very reputable tranny shop to have my WCT5 rebuilt. One of the reasons I had it rebuilt was the whining vibration on acceleration. I’ve put about 50 miles on it since the rebuild 6 months ago and the vibration/Sound is the same. I took it back and they checked it out and said the T5 is a louder transmission to begin with couple that with I have poly mounts all the way around, etc, and this is what I get.

I’m not sure what to do at this point. These guys a very reputable but I have a hard time buying this is what I’m left with.

• Sponsors (?)

I talked to the shop this morning and confirmed all new synchros, pilot bearing, driveshaft balanced and ujoints. He says what he heard was normal and is willing to try some other solutions to make me happy. Any other ideas?

I'm not a transmission repair expert by any means, but I've rebuilt three T5s and I can tell you, in my experience, they do whine even after a full rebuild and no visible damage on the gears. Maybe a brand new gear set would be quieter, but... Gears with miles on them + poly mounts + the tin-can nature of a Fox = gear nose in the cabin.