should I add a cobra intake to my mods????

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
My mods are in my signature.....I am looking for a little more power and was wondering if a cobra intake and mabe a 65mm TB will give me some more power......I am plannig on getting aftermarket heads as well but that will be a year or 2 so i want to get the most out of the 5.0 cheap.

• Sponsors (?)

I added a ported Cobra to my car and gained some in the topend - worthwhile mod in my opinion if you can find it for around $300 shipped.

Not sure if the throttlebody is worth the $ for you at this point - someone else will have to chime in on that.

The other mods I recommend are Cobra brakes and subframes - made a huge difference on my car!

I was looking at your sig ... so nice to be able to see one these days ... thank you ... and noticed you be a Vert kinda guy.

I saw the b cam.

IIRC, that cam shifts the power band up a good bit.

Not what you want with a heavy car if the above is true.

The Cobra (unported) intake would be a good choice as it retains good low end tq.

Have you ever considered advancing the cam 4 degrees for a bit more zip down low?

If you are looking for the most gain for the buck ... a tb will not be all that noticable at this point in time due to how your combo is configured.

Grady

95silvergt5.0 said:
does the cobra make you lose some lower end? I raced a guy with a cobra intake and i jumped him although he pulled on me pretty hard up top
its hard to beat the stocker for low end torque... yes you will lose low end tq with the cobra compared to the stock intake, but not as much as other intakes and the loss is hardly worth keeping if you are looking for more power... that can only be found up top in the rpm range. in general, the more low end tq lost from the intake results in the possibility of making even more up top.