Should i buy this? V-1 S-trim used Supercharger? HELP!!!

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys i can pick up a used Vortech V-1 S-Trim supercharger. Its not the SQ. So it must be a mid 90's model. It comes as a complete kit.

It also includes:
AFM 4 inch power pipe
FRPP Brand new 42lb Fuel injectors
FMU
MSD Boost retard with controller
upgraded 8 rib pulley set-up
set up for 12-14psi

It does need a new 8 rib belt from Vortech which is about $60.00....

The setup has 10,000 miles on it. He wants 2000 grand for it all. Its in very nice shape and in perfect working condition. How long do these superchargers last before it needs a rebuid? I think this is a pretty good deal but i thought i'd ask you guys first. And since it isn't the "SQ" model it will "whine" pretty loud then correct? Cause that'd be sweet ha.

• Sponsors (?)

pretty sure i might buy that. I have 2000 grand extra to spend on my car. All i have left to do is pay the engine builders for the 306 and have it dynoed and tuned and otherwise i have everything else besides a MAF Meter. But it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

bought it off corral and tried going after the guy but I cant find him, moved somewhere or something. I dont buy used mech. parts anymore

Thats to bad man, people like that are just retarded. Only the low of the low people sell you a product thats bad. Personally, if the S-trim i buy from his is bad when i go to start it... i'm gonna drive right to his house and demand a refund. He says its good and he seems like a good guy. So we'll see what happens. Do you know of anything i should check for when i go look at it?

Thats to bad man, people like that are just retarded. Only the low of the low people sell you a product thats bad. Personally, if the S-trim i buy from his is bad when i go to start it... i'm gonna drive right to his house and demand a refund. He says its good and he seems like a good guy. So we'll see what happens. Do you know of anything i should check for when i go look at it?

Check the impeller and shaft play thats all you can see without the case being open. Get the serial number off of it and call up vortech and see what they say. If they cant locate it its atleast 7 or 8 years old but they can also tell you if it had a rebuild or something.