Should my fuel pressure regualtor vacuum line have fuel in it? Help and Read :)

Starscream88

Mar 8, 2003
Park Ridge NJ
The car has never had a problem starting or ideling,

Now today I notice that its shutting off, and wont start :shrug: unless you give it a lot of gas!

My FPR vacuum line Ive noticed has gas in it

Im SURE that its not supposed to,

The reason I know is that I used a clear piece of rubber tubing as the vacuum line and I can see in it like a straw and I see gas!,

Tell me thats not right and that why Im having these problems?
This only started today, Never had a problem and I rarley ever use the car now,
its my weekend car,

Im thinking about putting the stock FPR back on to see if that helps,

But before I do I thought i'd ask here first :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Definately shouldn't be doing that. The diaphram in the FPR has probably gone bad and the vacuum is sucking gas past it. It's probably causing all manner of problems. Need a new one, so it would be a good time to get an adjustable job and a gauge.

I do have an ajustable one and a gauge.

however after posting this I remembered my mecahnic training and I do remember someone saying to me years back that the diaphrams can go bad causing this problem,

Gonne change it later tonight after the heat goes down, (93* in NJ right now phew heatwave!)

Agree. Bad diaphragm. I had one go out in dramatic fashion last year. Filled the car up, drove it to my son's soccer game...no problem. Tried to start it up afterward...no go. Every time I tried to start it up it must have been squirting fuel into my intake. There was about a cup, or so, of fuel puddled in my intake. At that point, I was glad the motor didn't start. Things might have gotten ugly if it did. It was a little embarrassing having to have the car flatbedded to my house. I was supposed to go to travel across state to Alternative Auto to have some computer tuning that day. Lidio was nice enough to make special arrangements for me to show up after hours on Saturday. I felt like an @$$ having to cancel my appointment. :(

Ive been wondering why the cars been drinking so much fuel,

I thought it was just all my mods but thinking about it now it makes sence,

But I really dont drive the car much at all,

at first I thought its acting funny coz its been sitting there so long,