Should the chip come next?

• Sponsors (?)

I do not know the answer to your question. But wouldn't it be easier for others who would know about AODEs to answer your question if you posted your mods?

Just trying to help.

As the previous post said, a list of your mods would be helpful. A short answere without knowing your mods would be depends on how much money your willing to spend. I am not done doing things to my car and I already have a JMS chip. I got it because I got tired of hitting the rev limiter with my 4.10's. When I do a few mods I will need to recal my chip (that is where the extra money comes in) for those mods. If I did the mods first and then got the chip I woudl not need the recal. I believe when I purchased the chip it was $50 for a recal but that was 3 years ago so it may be more now. In hind sight I am glad I got the chip when I did because mods to the car have been on hold due to building a house. I have been purchasing new mods but have not installed due to trying to minimize the amout of times I need to recal. It will definately cost more in the long run if you purchase the chip before completing your project (if there is such a thing).

Now that I see your mods I want to say hold off. Check with the company that you purchase your chip from to see how much they charge for a reburn. I have a JMS chip and I am very pleased. You are going to spend more money getting it now and reburning in the future but you have to ask yourself when will future mods come, can you put up with the shift points as they are and how much does the reburn cost. They can also do other things with your chip that will give you a little more performance and firm up your lag between shifts. Good luck with your decision.